Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock z87 Extreme6 - Failed Internet Bios Update

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
    Rather cryptic, in that this(A2) can mean/relate to a whole bunch of things:

pg. 34
    Code:
    A0 - A7 Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install
    IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please
    clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices.
    Do you have only your supposed boot drive connected or disconnected? I'm guessing all are disconnected for the A2 to show.

Otherwise so far a good showing. Thanks for the updates.
    I had all the drives connected. But I was able to proceed and most importantly get the Windows 8 installed along with the drivers from the Asrock Driver disc that came with the motherboard.

Now trying to test the system - so far had one random shutdown. Will update how the testing goes. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Don't forget that these codes are really POST process codes, and not really error codes. Whatever code you see displayed is the POST process that did not complete for some reason. Yes that usually indicates an issue with that process, related to your drives at this point.

But since you don't have an OS installed yet, or any kind of bootable or OS installation media connected to the PC at this point, you are bound to be stuck at that point. A2 may always be displayed while you are using the UEFI/BIOS interface, I can't recall now but I don't see it as a problem.

Given the above, there is nothing more that can happen until some type of bootable media is available. IMO you are fine, nothing is wrong given your description.

My advice now is to look through the UEFI/BIOS screens, and configure anything that you need.

Are any drives you have connected recognized in the Advanced - Storage Configuration screen? If so you're fine.

You might want to configure the fan speed control in H/W Monitor so the CPU fan is not running full blast all the time. Also check the CPU temperature on that screen to confirm your CPU cooler is mounted and working correctly.

You probably want to disable all the Windows based features that do not exist in a Hackintosh installation. Check the network setting in Chipset Configuration, to be sure they are correct.

I suggest not setting any over clocking of the CPU and memory at this point, you don't need potential instability during an OS installation. I know nothing about Hackintosh installations, good luck with that and let us know how it goes.
      Thanks for the information. My first step to get to Hackinstosh installation will be to get the windows (Fallback) setup correctly and I will be doing what you have advised. I want to first get a Stable windows system. As you have suggested I am not going to get into overclocking at this time - just a stable clean and fast system.

Need windows base so that I can patch the bios to get the Hackintosh going on Asrock board.

Once again I appreciate all the valuable information from you as well as Wardog.. THANK YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by salvichi View Post
        But I was able to proceed and most importantly get the Windows 8 installed along with the drivers from the Asrock Driver disc that came with the motherboard.

Will update how the testing goes. Thanks for all your help.
        And Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

Enjoy.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Great salvichi, I'm not surprised at all it worked for you. Having a Windows installation as well is really the best way to go.

Comment

Working...
          X