Clear All

• ASRock Z87 Extreme4 microphone volume is too low

i have a problem, the microphone recording volume is too low

this is same problem msi z87

MSI USA

but i can't

plz help me

Re: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 microphone volume is too low

What model of microphone are you using, and where is it connected?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      What model of microphone are you using, and where is it connected?

mic is not the important thing,

mic volume maximum is less, barely 12db

this is not hardware problem but software problem

may be..

Comment

I see that Realtek had a driver update to increase the gain of the microphone input from 12dB to 30dB.

That still does not take into account the varying impedance of microphones. Microphones are not standardized like audio loudspeakers are, and have widely varying impedance and output levels.

Impedance levels of microphones are classified as:

Low Impedance (less than 600Ω)
        Medium Impedance (600Ω - 10,000Ω)
        High Impedance (greater than 10,000Ω)

If you have a high impedance microphone, it will have a low volume level. PCs need a low impedance microphone, from ~1000 ohms or less.

Since your microphone did not provide adequate volume on two PCs, with the new driver that added extra gain, I can only assume that your (unknown) microphone is a high impedance type, and/or has a low output level.

Comment

I see that Realtek had a driver update to increase the gain of the microphone input from 12dB to 30dB.

That still does not take into account the varying impedance of microphones. Microphones are not standardized like audio loudspeakers are, and have widely varying impedance and output levels.

Impedance levels of microphones are classified as:

Low Impedance (less than 600Ω)
          Medium Impedance (600Ω - 10,000Ω)
          High Impedance (greater than 10,000Ω)

If you have a high impedance microphone, it will have a low volume level. PCs need a low impedance microphone, from ~1000 ohms or less.

Since your microphone did not provide adequate volume on two PCs, with the new driver that added extra gain, I can only assume that your (unknown) microphone is a high impedance type, and/or has a low output level.

i have 2 things

i tested behind pannel, and fromt pannel

but same problem
          Last edited by taerya; 12-24-2013, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Grab the newest Realtek HD audio driver and this problem should be fixed. To ~30db anyways.

THIS MSI Tech Support page describes your problem, and remedy.

Taken from above link:
            Code:
            Realtek ALC1150 - Microphone recording volume too low

This issue is associated with Realtek driver setting, which has 12dB as the maximum microphone recording volume.
            Updating the Realtek HD audio driver to v7102 will increase the maximum microphone recording volume to 30dB.
            You can also increase the volume of microphone and microphone boost manually depending on your needs.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

He might have that update already, given the screenshot in the first post.

Apparently the "Ozone Rage" microphone impedance is 2.2K Ohm. If that is typical of PC microphones, why did Realtek set the microphone gain so low? That impedance is still in the medium range.

Adding gain is not without side effects, it can't be increased without compromising something else, like S/N ratio. The next problem will be to much hiss and noise.

I wonder if Realtek gave the mother board manufactures bad specs for the impedance values of associated components (resistors) for the microphone inputs.

Comment

He might have that update already, given the screenshot in the first post.

Apparently the "Ozone Rage" microphone impedance is 2.2K Ohm. If that is typical of PC microphones, why did Realtek set the microphone gain so low? That impedance is still in the medium range.

Adding gain is not without side effects, it can't be increased without compromising something else, like S/N ratio. The next problem will be to much hiss and noise.

I wonder if Realtek gave the mother board manufactures bad specs for the impedance values of associated components (resistors) for the microphone inputs.

i solved the problem.

i didn't install the realtek drivers, install only windows7 auto driver

but i can't understand why not realtek driver

Comment

Working...
                X