Extreme6-Z87 USB controller passthrough question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme6-Z87 USB controller passthrough question

I am trying to passthrough a USB controller (but not all of the USB function) under Xen. I can pass all of the USB, but I am having a hard time limiting what I send.

Does anyone know what controller runs what headers/ports? I am seeing three controllers to passthrough, and all of them are passing all of my available ports. I am using the back panel ports, a front panel set plugged into the USB2_3 header. I have the included 3.0 panel which I haven't plugged into anything yet, if there is another header that will work.

thanks in advance

Re: Extreme6-Z87 USB controller passthrough question

I use the same Z87 EX 6 board as you do, and I understand why you may be confused about the USB connections, but it actually is pretty simple.

All the USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0 are provided by the Intel Z87 chipset. It provides six USB 3.0 ports, and eight USB 2.0 ports. But, there is an ASMedia USB hub chip that is not a USB source itself, but splits two of the Intel USB 3.0 ports into four USB 3.0 ports. Those four USB 3.0 ports are all on the board's rear I/O panel. There are two USB 2.0 ports on the I/O panel.

The mother board itself has two USB 3.0 port headers, each supporting two USB 3.0 ports. You can use the USB 3.0 panel on the remaining USB 3.0 header on the board. There are headers for the remaining USB 2.0 ports on the board.

Comment

Working...
    X