Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASrock Mobo not going into BIOS: Plase Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock Mobo not going into BIOS: Plase Help!

Hello, first time assembling a complete build, and I would very much appreciate some help.

In my system I have
    i5-3570K
    ASRock Z77M Micro ATX
    G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB
    Samsung 840 Series 120GB
    Cannibalized laptop HDDs: Samsung 320Gb & WD Blue 250Gb
    SeaSonic 620W
    BitFenix Prodigy MicroATX

All fans spin, PSU is on, and HDDs are buzzing. I get to the splash screen and that's it. I press f2, f6, and delete to get to the BIOS and nothing. I wanted to see if its taking a signal from my keyboard so I tried ctrl+alt+delete and the pc resets.

I have tried:
    all three of the graphic ports
    taking out the motherboard battery and power and waiting 10 minutes.
    booting with just the SSD to see if the HDDs were doing something to the config
    and using only 1 dimm (tried both dimms one at a time on both dimm slots)

all these came out to the same result. Splash page that doesn't let me into the BIOS.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

Re: ASrock Mobo not going into BIOS: Plase Help!

Have you tried running the ASRock Restart to UEFI Application? That's how i get into the BIOS most of the time...

- AJ

Comment

Originally posted by ajcroteau View Post
      Have you tried running the ASRock Restart to UEFI Application? That's how i get into the BIOS most of the time...

- AJ
      No, I haven't done this. I'll google how to do this. However, if you can point me to a link so that I can do this I will give it a try, and report back if there has been any change.

I can't get the computer to show me anything except for the splash screen. Should I flash the BIOS with the 1.70 version found at this link
      100% All Solid Capacitor DesignDigi Power DesignSupports Dual Channel DDR3 2800+(OC)1 PCIe 3.0 x16, Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™PCIE Gigabit LANSupports Intel HD Graphics with Built-in VisualsGraphics Output Options : DVI-D, D-Sub, HDMICombo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)Supports ASRock XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, No-K OC, Dehumidifier, OMG, On/Off Play, UEFI System BrowserSupports Intel Smart Connect, Intel Rapid StartFree Bundle : CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suite Trial
      Last edited by Rok125; 12-15-2013, 04:17 PM. Reason: To add to the response

Comment

Originally posted by ajcroteau View Post
        This would be impossible since they can't get by the splash screen at POST, never mind Restart to UEFI. That, and I don't believe this MB even has the option available.

OP, what's the model of those G.Skill Snipers?

Reseat both 8pin and 24pin power leads to the MB.

I read you pulled the battery but did you jumper the CLR CMOS jumper for 10mins also while the battery was out? Do this with the PSU disconnected from the wall
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok125 View Post
          Should I flash the BIOS with the 1.70 version found at this link
          ASRock > Z77M
          No!

1. You don't have the opportunity to flash as it stops at the splash screen.
          2. More importantly, NEVER flash the BIOS of a system that is not stable.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
            This would be impossible since they can't get by the splash screen at POST, never mind Restart to UEFI. That, and I don't believe this MB even has the option available.

OP, what's the model of those G.Skill Snipers?

Reseat both 8pin and 24pin power leads to the MB.

I read you pulled the battery but did you jumper the CLR CMOS jumper for 10mins also while the battery was out? Do this with the PSU disconnected from the wall
            These are my GSkills
            G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR - Newegg.com

I didn't do the CLR CMOS jumper for 10 mins.

<strikethrough>Should I unplug the psu, take out the battery and do the CLR CMOS jumper, for 10 mins?</strikethrough>
            Never mind, I'm doing this now
            Last edited by Rok125; 12-15-2013, 05:15 PM. Reason: update

Comment

... unplug the psu, take out the battery and do the CLR CMOS jumper, for 10 mins?
              Yes, that is the correct sequence. Then reverse them to put everything back.

Comment

I don't foresee that memory, assuming you don't have two bad sticks(heaven forbid!), as causing this.

I'm hoping you'll come back and post that clearing the CMOS the way I mentioned solves this for you.

Comment

I don't foresee that memory, assuming you don't have two bad sticks(heaven forbid!), as causing this.

I'm hoping you'll come back and post that clearing the CMOS the way I mentioned solves this for you.
                  I did the CMOS reset and it worked. However, it was because in disconnecting everything I disconnected my keyboard.
                  Now if I reset and the keyboard is in, the splash page comes up and stays there again.
                  However, if I disconnect the keyboard and reset it. Then I get
                  "Reboot and Select proper Boot device, or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key."

If I plug in the keyboard and press any key then it repeats the above line.
                  I use my brother's keyboard and this problem doesn't arise. So It's something to do with my logitech keyboard.
                  It seems I tripped over the solution. Have you heard of anything like this?
                  I take it that its ready for me to upload the OS. Right?

Comment

You're using a gaming or other advanced functions keyboard then, right?

If so, then yes that [/i]could[/i] be the problem.

From here anyways I'd say you're good to go. Possible keyboard problem being an exception.

Comment

No, I haven't done this. I'll google how to do this. However, if you can point me to a link so that I can do this I will give it a try, and report back if there has been any change.

I can't get the computer to show me anything except for the splash screen. Should I flash the BIOS with the 1.70 version found at this link
                      ASRock > Z77M
                      If you head over into ASRock's website, locate your motherboard and look under the download section. If your using Windows 8.1, that's ok, the app will still work.

ASRock > Z77M

Comment

You're using a gaming or other advanced functions keyboard then, right?

If so, then yes that [/i]could[/i] be the problem.

From here anyways I'd say you're good to go. Possible keyboard problem being an exception.
                        I am, thank you ajcroteau and wardog for your replies.
                        continue to have a good night/day depending on what part of the world you are!

Comment

continue to have a good night/day depending on what part of the world you are!
                          Georgia huh? I was going to offer to trade you locations till I just now looked and it's only 36degF there. It's a whopping 15degF here right now.

Have fun.

Comment

I'd take 36F right now, believe me wardog... Bedford Falls, OMG... Did you find Zuzu's petals?

BTW, PMs are failing again, at least at 10PM CDT.

Rok125, your Logitech keyboard likely needs its driver/software installed before it will work correctly. Which is probably why it does not work correctly during POST. I know, how can that matter, but believe me it does.

I noticed that your put "Xfast" by the name of your ASR board. If you have Fast Boot set to Fast or Ultra Fast, you won't be able to get into the BIOS without the Restart to UEFI program, or clearing the CMOS/BIOS first, which sets Fast Boot to disabled.

Comment

Working...
                            X