X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock B85M-ITX BIOS 1.70 Crucial Memory Patch

1.70 11/28/2013
    1. Update Intel ME.
    2. Hide Intel Turbo Boost Technology if CPU does not support this feature.
    3. Patch Crucial DDR3-4G-1600.

ASRock > B85M-ITX

Posted on 28/11, but recently removed(?) why? i can still find it in google-cache

This patch removed > 90% of my BSOD's i was having.
    According to Crucial's compatibility memory check every! memory module is compatible with every! motherboard, so that doesn't look very reliable.
    Not a single crucial module is in the QVL list for B85M-ITX, yet they make BIOS updates specifically for that brand. yay! :)
    This one helped a lot, but did not remove all problems. The patch was for other size crucial module, so i was hoping on more updates. Today i saw the 1.70 was removed :o
    Hopefully back soon with more general Crucial update.
    I use BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU, which is 2 * 8GB, 1600 / 1.35v, CL8; the patch was for "3. Patch Crucial DDR3-4G-1600.", but improved my system's stability greatly.

Anyone got extra info / experience with the above?
    Tips on getting to 100% stability with this setup?

Re: ASRock B85M-ITX BIOS 1.70 Crucial Memory Patch

I don't know what you're doing to come to every module is compatible.

According to Crucial that BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU memory is NOT compatible with the B85M-ITX.

Go to the below link:
    Crucial.com/eu - Advanced Search - BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU

Then on the center left of the page is the 3 step process: select "ASRock" then "Motherboard" then "B85M-ITX" then click "FIND IT"= "This part is not compatible."
    Last edited by - wardog -; 12-14-2013, 07:04 PM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Crucial.com/eu - Memory for Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq, SSD
      Computer memory upgrades for ASRock B85M-ITX Motherboard from Crucial.com
      That will show 8-9 pages of compatible memory with B85M-ITX, including: BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU
      16GB kit (8GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800 upgrades for ASRock B85M-ITX Motherboard, CT4369332 from Crucial.com
      Guaranteed-compatible with the ASRock B85M-ITX

You link does says "This part is not compatible.
      View compatible parts for the B85M-ITX." ... so depending from which way you search the results differ.
      If i click "View compatible parts for the B85M-ITX" i get a 404
      Last edited by Sakutera; 12-14-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Well, all I can say is I'm not the one with stability issues related to memory.

I showed you what I found on the Crucial site and that's all I can do.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

That would be something you'd need to take up with Crucial if you bought that memory based off their recommendations.

Maybe they'll exchange it.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
            That would be something you'd need to take up with Crucial if you bought that memory based off their recommendations.

Maybe they'll exchange it.
            Maybe, but i'd need to find a Crucial module first that also shows up via search the way you described.
            I just downloaded and ran their System Scanner and it shows me the same long compatible list.
            But the couple i tried from that list via the other search every time indicates it's not compatible.

I wonder for which group of memory modules bios update 1.70 was for.

Comment

There is definitely something weird going on there at Crucial for this particular pair of board and memory.

If I were you I'd contact Crucial EU by clicking HERE and point that anomaly out. Plus, duh, bring your problem/situation to their attention in asking for assistance. I'm almost sure they'll make it right for you one way or another.

Comment

Working...
              X