Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Stutters

Hello,
    I built my computer almost two years ago now using an Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard. It is running Windows 7 64 bit and has 8 gigs of RAM. I am editing a slideshow using Studio 15 and it is going well. Yesterday, however, the sound started stalling for a second or two intermittently. I notice this not only happens in Studio, but in AIMP playing music. Also for the first time I can't record the stereo mix output with Soundpad (Stereo Mix enabled and set as default). I hear sound in the computer speakers, but Soundpad records nothing but silence. I upgraded the Realtek driver to the most recent version, and all the settings look the same as they always were. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Has anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks and Merry Christmas, gordoncanda

Re: Sound Stutters

Hello Again,
    I feel like an idiot. I was using a USB headset and this is what was preventing the stereo mix from working. A different program called "Soundtap" allowed recording with the headset in. With the headset unplugged, no problem. I don't know why the sound stutters at times with the headset plugged in. The problem isn't as bad as I thought it was. Sorry I over-reacted.
    Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by gordoncanada View Post
    Hello,
    I built my computer almost two years ago now using an Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard. It is running Windows 7 64 bit and has 8 gigs of RAM. I am editing a slideshow using Studio 15 and it is going well. Yesterday, however, the sound started stalling for a second or two intermittently. I notice this not only happens in Studio, but in AIMP playing music. Also for the first time I can't record the stereo mix output with Soundpad (Stereo Mix enabled and set as default). I hear sound in the computer speakers, but Soundpad records nothing but silence. I upgraded the Realtek driver to the most recent version, and all the settings look the same as they always were. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Has anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks and Merry Christmas, gordoncanda

Comment

Working...
    X