No sound out of Audio jacks Z77 Pro3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound out of Audio jacks Z77 Pro3

First off all my connections seem fine. Realtek software detects when a something is plugged in. Green bars move when i try to play sound but i hear nothing. Not out of speakers headphones or even get input from my mic. Sound from HDMI connection works great. The hdmi cable is from my gpu to to my monitor. I currently have speakers connected to my monitor for better sound but this does not fix the problem that both front and back jacks can not play anything. Bios says HD audio is on. I am at a loss of what to do. This is after and before fresh installs of windows 7.

my build
    Asrock z77 Pro 3
    i5 3570k
    8gb ram
    7950 sapphire vapor x boost edition
    corsair 750w psu
    win 7 home premium

Re: No sound out of Audio jacks Z77 Pro3

I have 3 audio drivers all say they are ok under msinfo32. Amd high def audio, realtek high def audio, and intel display audio. They are all enabled. Is it possible they are conflicting?

Comment

Have you opened the Sound configuration option in Windows Control Panel?

It sounds (sorry...) like the HDMI device/source is set as the default audio device, which is limited to the HDMI cable for transporting audio signals.

Choose the Realtek device in Sound as the default device, configure it and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        Have you opened the Sound configuration option in Windows Control Panel?

It sounds (sorry...) like the HDMI device/source is set as the default audio device, which is limited to the HDMI cable for transporting audio signals.

Choose the Realtek device in Sound as the default device, configure it and see what happens.
        Well im not sure exactly how to disable it. I still do not hear a thing when my headset is plugged in. well anything besides white noise and or occasional buzzing. In audio play back i have 6 unplugged digital display audio. 1 speaker, 1 headphone, and 1 digital audio (s/pdif)
        Attached Files

Comment

So i plugged in my dvi connection and unplugged my hdmi and i still have no sound at all. Not from speakers or headphones or anything at all. I uninstalled my Real tek hd drivers and program and let windows install the generic still no sound.

Comment

a little more info. THe pci simple controller hardware id is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1E3A1849&REV_04
            not really sure what to do with it or the unknown device as i have tried unplugging things and it does not disapear.
            Attached Files

Comment

Is it possible something is wrong with my case and or motherboard?

Comment

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1E3A1849&REV_04 is related to Intel Management Engine, or ME.

Which most likely means you haven't installed the IME driver(s) for your OS.

parsec? Related to no audio out w/o the IME driver installed?
                #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I think you are on to something there wardog, that was my first reaction to seeing those unknown devices, as you know.

Do I know (as in certain) if it is related to audio output? No, but IME is a strange thing, and I would definitely install it.

azurecrow, install the IME software and see what happens. Then go into the Windows Sound option again, highlight the Realtek device, and set it as the Default Device. You have so many audio devices, Windows does not even bother to choose a default. You may need to experiment choosing each of the Realtek devices until one works.

You can have the speakers disconnected, and if the Realtek onboard audio is active, when you plug the speakers in, you should see that acknowledged by Windows. Try the speakers output on the rear I/O panel first, and then the front panel audio if you want to use that one.

Comment

Working...
                  X