Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I made a huge mistake ... need help ASAP

Hey!
    couple days ago i ordered an Asrock 890GX Pro3 (ASRock > 890GX Pro3 )
    Its my upgrade fro ma M5a78l-m/usb3 motherboard. I needed a new one because mine was really pissing me off because it had coilwhine 24/7 ( and because I want to overclock my CPU a bit more )
    So i've searched on the internet if the 890GX chipset supports my CPU ( FX 6300 ) and apparently it does but .... when i clicked on ASRock > 890GX Pro3 it didnt show any piledriver CPU as supported ...
    Will my new motherboard ( which I will recieve tomorrow )be able to run my CPU ? ( FX 6300 ) ?

Please, any help or an answer on my question would be really appreciated

Re: I think I made a huge mistake ... need help ASAP

It should work, then again, it might not. But if it does you might be missing some instruction set execution the Vishera has over and above Zambezi available instructions.

Also, make sure before you assemble it it has BIOS 1.40 flashed. So long you bought it new and not second hand or used look at the lower right corner to the left of where 1394a is silkscreened on the board. There's a white sticker over the BIOS chip itself that lists/states what the BIOS revision is as it came from the factory. It req's 1.40 for (the listed) AM3+ CPUs.

I would contact ASRock Technical Support HERE and request they modify a BIOS for your FX-6300..
    Last edited by - wardog -; 12-09-2013, 06:05 PM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X