Fatal1ty 990fx - crossfire r7 260x 2nd pcie slot not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal1ty 990fx - crossfire r7 260x 2nd pcie slot not working

As per my specs attached, I am using ASROCK FATAL1TY 990FX PROFESSIONAL motherboard where I have issues with Crossfire setup.

The 2nd PCIe slot doesnt work (named as PCIe_4) which is just below the master slow.

I tried individual cards on this 2nd PCIe slot but still it doesnt work, I am running latest BIOS & the 2nd card is not detected.

However, the most below PCIe slot works with Crossfire but the 3rd PCIe slot is running at 4x speed & on this setup, the system freezes after 1 min of runtime of games.

I am doubting that the 2nd PCIe slot is faulty?

ASROCK & Forum members pls help, how to run CF setup successfully? I do not find any CF options in UEFI bios menu too.

Re: Fatal1ty 990fx - crossfire r7 260x 2nd pcie slot not working

RMA board if you have faulty slots.

Comment

Originally posted by monalac View Post
      As per my specs attached, I am using ASROCK FATAL1TY 990FX PROFESSIONAL motherboard where I have issues with Crossfire setup.

The 2nd PCIe slot doesnt work (named as PCIe_4) which is just below the master slow.

I tried individual cards on this 2nd PCIe slot but still it doesnt work, I am running latest BIOS & the 2nd card is not detected.

However, the most below PCIe slot works with Crossfire but the 3rd PCIe slot is running at 4x speed & on this setup, the system freezes after 1 min of runtime of games.

I am doubting that the 2nd PCIe slot is faulty?

ASROCK & Forum members pls help, how to run CF setup successfully? I do not find any CF options in UEFI bios menu too.
      Do both cards work if you put either in the 1st PCIe slot? (Rule out it being a Video Card issue)

- AJ

Comment

You are enabling Crossfire in CCC, right?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X