Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2012, z87e-ITX issues

Hey Everyone,

I recently installed Windows Server 2012 on a new rig I built based off of the z87e-itx board. Originally, I loaded ubuntu server up on it, but there were some compatibility issues and being new to linux, I decided against going forward with it. Now I'm live on WS2012, but I can't seem to get any of the drivers installed, including the lan driver.

Also, if anyone could explain to me the proper operation of the Easy Driver Installer, I'd really appreciate. All it keeps telling me is "no updates available" but it doesnt install any of the drivers. I'm at a loss on this one.

Does anyone have any suggestions? All your help is really appreciated.

-Andrew

Re: Windows Server 2012, z87e-ITX issues

The word is that WS 2012 has huge driver compatibility issues for some reason. Seems like a MSoft thing, or no one else cares enough to make drivers for it. There is supposedly an entire website/forum devoted to this problem, not that I know what its called.

Forget Easy Driver Installer, but its WS 2012 that is the problem.

What should work with WS 2012 from your board's download page under Windows 7 64bit is:

INF driver ver:9.4.0.1026 Run this installer before anything else.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:12.8.0.1016 The Intel SATA chipset AHCI/RAID software. WS 2012 probably has either msahci or storahci as the native AHCI driver, which are fine, but the IRST driver is a bit faster.

The Intel LAN chip driver does not seem to be compatible with WS 2012. The default one installed by WS 2012 is probably an Intel driver, so go with that.

The Intel graphics driver for Haswell processors does not list WS 2012 compatibility, if you're using it, no system information provided.

I could plod my way through each driver, but if you want to use WS 2012, you get that honor...

Comment

What a PITA this looks to be:
      [HOW-TO] Force Windows 8 network driver to install under Windows Server 2012 - [H]ard|Forum
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm working my way through some of these drivers now.

The problem with the LAN is that WS didnt install anything, this machine can't connect to the internet. If it didn't install anything, and there are no drivers available, not sure what to do, aside from wardog's solution which seems miserable.

Comment

Working...
        X