ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 won't post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 won't post

Hello. I have a brand new 970 Extreme3 R2.0 that will not post. I have removed everything except the CPU (AMD FX6300) and still get no beeps. When I do have the VGA adapter (plain ATI Rage), nothing ever happens. It's connected to a 550W PSU. All of the case fans and CPU cooler fan start as expected. Please help!

Memory is 2x 8GB Kingston 1600 HyperX Black. Even when I remove it I also get no errors.
    Last edited by jrl; 12-07-2013, 01:14 AM. Reason: additional info

Re: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 won't post

By chance did you neglect to connect the 8pin ATX12V connector from the PSU to the MB?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thank you so much. I had originally connected the 6-prong power and not the 8. At least now I'm keeping the no-memory beeps. I promise I normally check to make sure "it's plugged in".

I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

Just to follow up, everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for catching my dumb mistake!

On an unrelated note, I'm sure I'm just not seeing it, but where do you update the date/time in the BIOS? I've gone through every menu in there and can't seem to find a place to update it.

TIA!

Comment

On the "Main' page of the BIOS, Date/Time in lower right corner, click on it.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
          X