990FX Extreme3 not powering devices on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 990FX Extreme3 not powering devices on startup

When I power my PC up there are quite a few times that nothing happen with any of my USB devices...to include monitor(DVI) and speakers. I hear my HDD running but no lights from any peripheral. I checked BIOS and it is set correctly to use HDD first. I have to hold power button to shut off and then I restart and most of the time it starts to work right. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix for it. Win 7 x64.

Re: 990FX Extreme3 not powering devices on startup

Might replace the CMOS battery.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: 990FX Extreme3 not powering devices on startup

Thanks for the tip about signature.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ (PC3 15000)
      CPU: AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition
      Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHZ 1 GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card
      PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
      Case: Xion Performance Meshed Mid Tower Case, Black (XON-980-BK)
      MoBo: ASRock 990FX EXTREME3 Socket AM3+/ AMD 990FX/ AMD Quad CrossFireX& nVidia Quad SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard

Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
      X