Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Z87 chipset Vt-d,Vpro,TXT support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z87 chipset Vt-d,Vpro,TXT support.

Do Asrock Z87 motherboards have proper suport for Vt-d and Vpro I know you are supposed to have Q87 chipset for those features but J heard Asrock bios suport it anyway.

Re: Asrock Z87 chipset Vt-d,Vpro,TXT support.

Both Vt-D and vPro require both chipset and CPU support on Haswell/8 series chipset systems. Intel Haswell 'K' processors do not support Vt-D or vPro.

I have a 'K' processor in my ASR Z87 board, so a BIOS option for either feature is not available. Only someone with a non-K processor in a ASR Z87 board can tell you if those features are available. vPro on the Z87 chipset would be an illegal feature, just like the non-Z OC feature that mother board manufactures put on some boards. Intel has that feature pretty much taken back by now.

Comment

Can someone from Asrock clarify situation with Vt-d on Z87.

Comment

Originally posted by CobraDrake2 View Post
        Can someone from Asrock clarify situation with Vt-d on Z87.
        ASRock USA Support Contacts

Support Phone: 1-909-590-8308
        Support Email: [email protected]
        Support Website: ASRock Support Request Form
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I send ASRock TSD - Emily private message about it and she said that Vt-d works on Z87 Asrock motherboards but Vpro is only on Q87.

Comment

Working...
          X