Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

I just replaced my Intel BLKDZ77GA70K board with the Z77 Extreme 4, by just simply replacing the motherboard and power up, but while loading my Windows 7 (32-bit) desktop I get a BSOD with an 0x0000008E error code, I can multiboot in Windows 7 64-bit with no problems and installed the Asrock drivers, but no matter what I do I can only boot in safe mode with the Windows 7 32-bit installation, I need this to work as the majority of my programs are loaded in that installation, I only have a few programs in the 64-bit installation. The 32-bit installation will go as far as loading up my desktop, icons, widget then crashes before I can do anything else, I have managed to load a few drivers (video, lan, SATA cont.) from the safe mode but I just cannot get this installation to work, I suspect that a few drivers from the Intel board could be the culprits but I tried disabling some from safe mode but no luck on normal boot. Can you guys suggest how I can solve this problem ? Remember I cannot do a repair install from safe mode and I do not want to lose my data in this installation, so a clean install is out.

Re: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Desperado is right. You're in a pickle there.

Will your programs install into x64? You could always grab the saved data dirs from x86 and copy them over to the x64 install. Then do what is needed to wipe the x86 partition and expand/fold it over into the x64 one.

While I don't suggest doing what you did there in simply moving the HDD w/OS installed over into a new build I've seen many get damned lucky when the FIRST uninstalled ALL the "old' drivers BEFORE moving it to a new MB. Hasn't worked that way every time, YMMV
    Last edited by - wardog -; 12-04-2013, 01:23 AM. Reason: highlite before to BEFORE
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Will do, thanks, have updated my system specs
      Last edited by desperado; 12-04-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I would try running the Intel INF file installation program, that finds and identifies all the hardware (chipsets, LAN, audio, etc chips) for other programs and drivers, since there are bound to be some differences. What I don't know is if this program will remove incorrect/obsolete INF entries.

Also, try to disable all the widgets in Safe Mode, they just add to the confusion.

In situations like these, I can't imagine that the Windows Registry is ever correct. Extra entries are not a problem, but bad (data) ones are.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          I would try running the Intel INF file installation program, that finds and identifies all the hardware (chipsets, LAN, audio, etc chips) for other programs and drivers, since there are bound to be some differences. What I don't know is if this program will remove incorrect/obsolete INF entries.

Also, try to disable all the widgets in Safe Mode, they just add to the confusion.

In situations like these, I can't imagine that the Windows Registry is ever correct. Extra entries are not a problem, but bad (data) ones are.
          Thanks, I'll try these also

Comment

Working...
          X