New ASrock Z75 Pro3 usually won't go past post screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ASrock Z75 Pro3 usually won't go past post screen

Getting very frustrated. Just got new MOBO since other one kept rebooting. Now the computer comes on and does one of a few things:

1) Loads up to Post screen and freezes there doing nothing, not letting me into Bios

2) Loads up to post screen, loads into Bios and I get a single cursor in the top left corner and A9 in the bottom right

3) Goes to boot into windows, I choose which installation to boot into and then the computer restarts

I have posted pics of all of these on my Flickr account:

Z75 Pro3 - a set on Flickr

I have cleared the CMOS, I have reseated the CPU, I have switched the memory out, removed as many other things as possible, still nothing...

Once I got to a screen when I went to go into the Bios where I got a mouse pointer and a black screen. When I moved the mouse back and forth, the screen started showing what was underneath, a little bit at a time, almost like I was doing a kids coloring game. After I got most of the screen up, it rebooted itself. Have never gotten back to that screen again, it usually goes to the cursor/A9 screen.

Unsure what's going on, I have never had this many issues with a setup. Very frustrating everything was fine until I decided to reapply thermal paste to the CPU and now haven't gotten it working since...

Any ideas? Bad memory? Although I find it hard to believe all four sticks are bad all of a sudden...
    MB: ASRock Z75 Pro 3
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @3.8Ghz
    Mem: 16GB(4GBx4) GSkill Ripjawz DDR3 1600
    Video: Sapphire Radeon 6850HD
    PSU: OCZ Mod X Stream-Pro 700W
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    DVD: ASUS 16x DVD-R/RW
    Audio: M-Audiophile 2496
    HDD: Samsung model HD103SJ
    Seagate 1TB SATA drive(can't see model #)

Re: New ASrock Z75 Pro3 usually won't go past post screen

Now its starting to do what the last board did...computer turns on, monitor goes green for a short time, then goes off and doesn't come back on...

Also noticing neither keyboard nor mouse is lighting up, as if the ports on the MOBO are not working...gonna RMA this board...

I can't take this anymore...aaaaaagggghhhhhh!!!
    Last edited by matter2003; 12-02-2013, 10:39 PM.
    MB: ASRock Z75 Pro 3
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @3.8Ghz
    Mem: 16GB(4GBx4) GSkill Ripjawz DDR3 1600
    Video: Sapphire Radeon 6850HD
    PSU: OCZ Mod X Stream-Pro 700W
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    DVD: ASUS 16x DVD-R/RW
    Audio: M-Audiophile 2496
    HDD: Samsung model HD103SJ
    Seagate 1TB SATA drive(can't see model #)

Comment

Working...
    X