Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do i buy sata 3 splitter cable online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do i buy sata 3 splitter cable online?

hi my motherboard is asrock 870 extreme3. I was wounding where can I buy sata3 splitter cable from the motherboard to hdd?

Re: where do i buy sata 3 splitter cable online?

Splitter cable? As in use one MB Sata port and connect two HDD's using this splitter/Y cable? That anyways does not exist. One MB Sata port equals one HDD.

If I interpreted that right, you need an add-on Sata controller card. Either PCI or PCIe based.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Splitter cable? As in use one MB Sata port and connect two HDD's using this splitter/Y cable? That anyways does not exist. One MB Sata port equals one HDD.

If I interpreted that right, you need an add-on Sata controller card. Either PCI or PCIe based.
      where can I buy the pci or pcie cards for sata then?

I have 1tb hdd.
      I want to put 2tb hdd.

Comment

Your MB, 870 Extreme3, has 5 SATAIII ports/connectors.

Are they all occupied by hard drives and or CD/DVD/BD drives? They are the white ports located along the lower right side of your MB.

If all you have there installed that use these SATA ports is a single hard drive and maybe an optical drive, then you have 3 SATA ports still open and available. You wouldn't need a separate add-on controller is this is the case. Simply connect the 2tb HDD to one of the remaining ports.

Please read and follow #1 in my Sig so that we can have a better understanding of what your system is comprised of.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Your MB, 870 Extreme3, has 5 SATAIII ports/connectors.

Are they all occupied by hard drives and or CD/DVD/BD drives? They are the white ports located along the lower right side of your MB.

If all you have there installed that use these SATA ports is a single hard drive and maybe an optical drive, then you have 3 SATA ports still open and available. You wouldn't need a separate add-on controller is this is the case. Simply connect the 2tb HDD to one of the remaining ports.

Please read and follow #1 in my Sig so that we can have a better understanding of what your system is comprised of.
          yes they are all occupied by hdd and BD/dvdrw. where can I buy pci/pcie online. what is the cheapest and high quality one can find?

Comment

Online, NewEgg.

Anything but one that uses a JMicron(JMB) controller, and maybe ASMedia if that's your experiences with them too.

Highpoint has a Marvell based one there, model 620 IIRC, that uses Marvell, SATAIII, is PCIe x1, and I've read others saying it's decent.

You might also look at the SATAII controllers too.

My recommendation for a PCIe x1 SATAII controller with 2 ports would be the SYBA SD-SA2PEX-2IR PCI Express SATA II (3.0Gb/s) Controller Card. It's a Silicon Image SiL3132 based controller and has mature drivers available for most any OS out there. Other than getting the drivers installed, it comes down to whether your MB will accept it or not and that's common with most MB's. I don't predict a problem with this card in this instance.

Comment

I have 3 more spaces for more. hdds. which hdds do you recommend for high quality?

Comment

This Syba card worked fine for me, with the ASMedia chip:

SYBA SY-PEX40039 Controller Card - Newegg.com

Microcenter has them, if one is nearby.

P.S. wardog, can't send you a PM...

Comment

Working...
                X