Blow your Mind - FM2A88X Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow your Mind - FM2A88X Board

How about this........The labels for the discs are incorrect in BIOS on the FM2A88X Extreme6+ boards.

Now THAT was a pretty nutty and frustrating thing to work through.......it was only by LUCK that I figured this out.....

This after I flashed the newest Rev 1.80 Bios.

Also there was a WEIRD problem where I had a USB disk plugged in.......and when I removed it, Win7 wouldn't boot........said Bootmgr was missing.

But Bootmgr is on the C: partition .....not on the USB.....lol....But w/o that USB drive plugged in.....it said it was missing..........go figure.

z
    Win7 x64
    ASRock FM2A88X Ext6+, Bios v. 1.80
    AMD A10 5700 Quad Core
    GSkill Memory: 8G, 2x4G
    Samsung 32G SSD as Boot Drive
    Power: LEPA G600-MB:

Re: Blow your Mind - FM2A88X Board

Originally posted by Zardiw View Post
    How about this........The labels for the discs are incorrect in BIOS on the FM2A88X Extreme6+ boards.
    What do you mean in saying that? Labels incorrect?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Sorry, should have provided more detail.......Here ya go.

My Boot Drive is a Samsung 32G SSD

I have a couple of other POS Sata drives installed. One of em is a ST1603 something.

NOW, Unless I have the ST1603 as my second choice after the CD in the boot order menu, it will NOT BOOT, cause it says Bootmgr not found.

SO, If I have Samsung SSD as choice #2, It will go to the ST1603 drive to try to boot from which has ZIP on it....especially no boot crep....and the other SATA drive ditto.

And if I have the ST1603 as choice #2 it will boot fine which means it's really going to the Samsung SSD

SO, the disk labels are wrong........

And not only that, but it won't even allow that Samsung as choice #3.........even if you set the priorities.......

And WTH is this UFEI Boot choice anyway???......Is that so it boots directly to Bios?....I think I read something about that.......that it boots too fast to give peeps a chance to hit the Del/F2 key.......lolol....great marketing gimmick

And look down for the latest USB WEIRDNESS.........lol

z
      Last edited by Zardiw; 12-01-2013, 10:31 AM. Reason: Siggy?
      Win7 x64
      AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

Edited my Siggy

And even if I pick the Samsung out of F11 choice......it no workie........Have to pick that ST1603......lol.......

I even tried swapping the SATA ports on the MoBo.........BTW.......which port is recommended for the Boot drive anyway......yeah, I know it makes no difference prolly, but I'm kinda anal about crap like that......would like it to be in the lowest port.....

And I'd REALLY like my boot drive to be Drive 0 in Win7.......but maybe that's asking for too much

z
        Last edited by Zardiw; 12-01-2013, 10:36 AM.
        Win7 x64
        AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

Grab a screen capture of your "Boot" page and upload it here if you would.

How to: Insert a usb thumb drive, boot up, and while the BIOS is displaying any screen, hit F12, and a screen grab will be created on the thumb drive.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

duped post of above. sorry
            Last edited by - wardog -; 12-01-2013, 10:36 AM. Reason: duped my post

Comment

Some Screen Shots:

No Choice for the Samsung SSD:

Attached Files
              Win7 x64
              AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

USB drive replaces Choice 2, 3........I Did NOT put those there.....just by virtue of the fact that they got plugged into the computer.........The BIOS CHANGES....wtF

Win7 x64
                AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

And AMAZINGLY........THESE Settings Boot FINE:

Win7 x64
                  AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                    Grab a screen capture of your "Boot" page and upload it here if you would.

How to: Insert a usb thumb drive, boot up, and while the BIOS is displaying any screen, hit F12, and a screen grab will be created on the thumb drive.
                    Nice Feature!!.......But I took care of it with my trusty Nikon 630......lol

z
                    Win7 x64
                    AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

One other thing........I've been using Acronis 2014 as I'm building this system so I only have to go back an image or 2, and not start from effing scratch with a Win7 RE Install.........lol............Could Acronis 2014 have something to do with this.........because I've restored some C: images.........don't see how it could, but ya Never Know........

z
                      Win7 x64
                      AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

Just saw the stuff about the Power Supply........I think I got plenty: LEPA G600-MB:

That's a HELL of a great calculator .........KUDOS

z
                        Win7 x64
                        AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

Have you tried looking for your Samsung SSD in the "Hard Drive BBS Priorities" option?

That is where the HDD/SSD boot order is set, not in each of the Boot Options.

Each Boot Option is just that, an optional list that you can choose to change the boot order. But the order of each drive type, CD/DVD, HDD, and USB, is set in the BBS Priorities list.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                            Have you tried looking for your Samsung SSD in the "Hard Drive BBS Priorities" option?

That is where the HDD/SSD boot order is set, not in each of the Boot Options.

Each Boot Option is just that, an optional list that you can choose to change the boot order. But the order of each drive type, CD/DVD, HDD, and USB, is set in the BBS Priorities list.
                            Dude......I just posted a screenshot that shows it is NOT THERE

z
                            Win7 x64
                            AMD A10 5700 Quad Core

Comment

Originally posted by Zardiw View Post
                              Dude......I just posted a screenshot that shows it is NOT THERE

z
                              No, you did not.

As I said before, did you look for the Samsung SSD in the "Hard Drive BBS Priorities", which is below the five Boot Options.

Every one of your screen shots is of the five Boot Options, which shows the first drive in each of those lists. You also included the list for Boot Option #5.

None of your pictures show any of the three BBS Priority entries.

Comment

Working...
                              X