Z87M OC Formula - Revision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87M OC Formula - Revision?

I ordered two "Z87M OC Formula" motherboards. Is there any way to tell if they are C2 revision boards (or newer) before installing everything on them?

Thanks.

Re: Z87M OC Formula - Revision?

I haven't seen many posts here or elsewhere concerning the C2 rev of the Lynx Point chip on ASRock boards. None definitive anyways. Some CPU-z screenies, but that entails building on them first.

I'd say contact ASRock Support. Here are the contacts I have for the US division. You probably should have at least the serial numbers of both boards at hand before calling or writing.

[email protected]

or

1-909-590-8308

If you get a serial number split from them where C1 and C2 begin would you please come back and notify us in this thread. I'd appreciate it greatly.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

IMO, we'll see the same thing with the 8 series "C2" chipset boards, that happened with the Intel 6 series "C3" chipset boards (that fixed the potential SATA II port failure), that were released shortly after the platform was released.

That is, the 8 series "C2" chipset boards will have C2! in huge letters on the front of the box, or at least a large sticker with C2!

Trust me, none of the mother board manufactures will miss adding the C2 to their marketing materials. We'll also see the C2 boards clearly displayed in the ASRock Motherboard Series download page, and by the other manufactures too.

AFAIK, no one has released boards with the C2 chipsets yet, as of this date (11/26/2013).

Comment

Companies have released C2 boards:
        How to check for C2 steppings on chipset for Haswell motherboards? - Page 2 - AnandTech Forums

Comment

Just did a quick search. The ones w/ C2 revision do have a sticker on them saying "C2". Received both of mine from Newegg today and both are C1. Sending them back for a refund.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1376687821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	754022

In fact, here's ASRock's reply to someone's question on how to tell if an ASRock board has a C2 revision chipset:
          Last edited by Synomenon; 11-27-2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

What did I tell you about C2 stickers! Good luck on the return to Newegg...

Never had a problem with my C1 board.

Comment

I've had problems already with numerous USB3.0 flash drives and hard drives I use for work . I briefly had an ASRock Z87E-ITX and returned it because of the USB3.0 problems with Z87 C1 chipset.

Comment

Really, I've never had a problem with any USB 3.0 flash drives, and I have quite a few. I don't use external drives much, but my one USB 3.0 enclosure I use with SSDs works fine. Of course I don't use Sleep with them connected.

Comment

Working...
                X