Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock Z87 Pro3 RAM issue

Hello,

I've recently bought the AsRock Z87 Pro3 motherboard.

Upon assembling my PC, it wouldn't boot. It would attempt to power up 3 times and at 3rd it would continue running without booting BIOS. After a few tries, I identified that the issue was with RAM.

I have 2x4GB and 2x2GB memory kits working in 2x Dual Channel. They are from G.Skill and on the supported list. I tried all different combinations of memory sticks and sockets and they all work well, except for when all sticks are plugged in. I previously had a Z77 Pro4 and everything worked well there.

Can someone help me identify if there is some kind of a known issue on this? I'm currently running on 8GB and would prefer to go back to 12GB.

Thanks,
    Stara Fiska

Re: AsRock Z87 Pro3 RAM issue

Known issue is mixing ram usually doesn't work. Support list or not.

See my Post #7 and 8 in THIS thread.

Also, please follow #1 in my sig. It's courteous when asking for help.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X