Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Can the inbound HDMI output through the video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Can the inbound HDMI output through the video card?

Hoping for a quick answer on this one who might be knowledgeable. I know the inbound HDMI port can be passed through the outbound HDMI port to a tv. But thats as far as the manual takes it. What I'm wondering is if someone could take the inbound HDMI and pass it through the system to a 3rd party video card.

The idea I had was plug a PS3 via HDMI in to the inbound port on the board and then output it on to the 19inch monitor the computer is hooked up to via DVI or VGA.

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Can the inbound HDMI output through the video card?

Originally posted by asavant View Post
    Hoping for a quick answer on this one who might be knowledgeable. I know the inbound HDMI port can be passed through the outbound HDMI port to a tv. But thats as far as the manual takes it. What I'm wondering is if someone could take the inbound HDMI and pass it through the system to a 3rd party video card.

The idea I had was plug a PS3 via HDMI in to the inbound port on the board and then output it on to the 19inch monitor the computer is hooked up to via DVI or VGA.
    Nope, the HDMI in only routes the signal to the HDMI output on the I/O panel. There is a switch on the board that does this, but no other processing like changing to DVI pin assignments or VGA (analog, ugh!) is done.

Comment

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Can the inbound HDMI output through the video card?

Damn, I was afraid of that. That would have been an awesome feature for my friends computer. Oh well, was worth a shot. Thanks Parsec.

Comment

Working...
      X