Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Fan Connector rated amp power.

Hello,

I am new to forums and I looked for this online, even contacted AsRock support but they never replied (so much about support).

I have AsRock 890gx Extreme3 mobo and I wanted to know what is rated amperage, how many ampers can Fan connector on mbo withold. Reason why I am asking is that I have case fans that I would like to connect on one mbo fan connector. Now they combined together are drawing up to 0.75 ampers. Will mbo connector be able to hold this without damaging the board itself.

Thanks

Re: Case Fan Connector rated amp power.

First up, IMO what you're asking and the reasons for(Daisy-chaining fans), are ill-advised. Daisy-chaining fans should be considered a no no.

That said, I've always went on the assumption the headers offered up one amp.

I still say don't attempt it. Sure. It may work. Then again, it may not. And why risk it when adapters to chain fans to the PSU itself are so inexpensive compared to a MB.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Case Fan Connector rated amp power.

I agree with wardog, that unless otherwise stated in the manual, the fan headers have a one amp maximum power draw.

I also agree that 0.75A is rather high, most fans are much lower than that, at least newer models. You must be using more than two.

Comment

Working...
      X