Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 960gm-vgs3 fx + fx 4130

Hello,

I bought yesturday and Asrock 960GM-VGS3 FX motherboard and the amd FX-4130 CPU, it works kind of normal untill the CPU gets some more load and when that happens it either freezes or i get bsod.

I have seen the compatibility CPU support and the FX-4130 is not listed but there are other Phenom II with the same 125W power consuption.

Also in bios the motherboard overclocking is set to auto. Is there anyway overclocking can be disabled ? I noticed the pc freezes or bsod when the overclocking abiliti "kicks" in. What are the best setting for the bios to work with this CPU since it runs fine with low load but "breaks" with more and by that i even mean watching youtube...

Thanks in advance.

P.S. i have sended a message to ASRock TSD - Emily asking for a moded bios because I saw a post with the same exact problem but i don't know if it was resolved and what was the resolution.
    Last edited by occult; 11-18-2013, 02:57 PM. Reason: wrong title

Re: 960gm-vgs3 fx + fx 4130

After asking for help here on the forum I went away "trying" some settings in the OC Tuner like lowering the cpu frequencies from 201 to 200, the cpu ratio from 19 to 18, and pcie frequencie a nodge too. The CPU was at 3.80092 Mhz tops with these settings. Also I have disabled turbo boost in bios and spectrum. I didn't notice any changes in voltage values but the heat ... oh the heat... In bios under idle was 28 degrees C, in windows on idle with that settings was 35 degrees C and with a load of 30-40% the tem got to 40 degrees C, the cpu fan was almost at full throttle (it's on auto in bios now) and then it froze again.

I know it's not stable enough even with these settings. Any further advice ? If i keep lowering the values not only in Oc tuner but in bios since it's a underclock the only thing i can see is not having the full potential in use or it can damage something ?

Comment

Working...
    X