XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

Does anyone that uses Windows 8.1, and has an ASRock Z77 or Z87 mother board, able to use XFast RAM?

I have ASRock Z77 and Z87 boards, with Windows 8.1, and noticed that I am unable to use/create a XFast RAM drive.

On my Z77 Extreme 4 board, using AXTU version 0.1.257, if I select XFast RAM, I see a message stating: "XFast RAM Driver may not be ready, please try later". Of course, later never changes anything. I have "XFast RAM v2.0.9" listed in Windows Programs and Features.

On my Z87 Extreme 6 board, using A-Tuning version 2.0.44, the XFast RAM button is not active/available, it is there but cannot be clicked. I have "XFast RAM v3.0.2" listed in Windows Programs and Features.

I'm wondering if this feature simply does not work with Windows 8.1, or if I have another problem with it.

Re: XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

I don't use XFast RAM but I did load it to see if it works. It loaded and made a RAM disk and cached the files etc. Virtual Memory Paging Files and Ready Boost were greyed out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XFastRam.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	754011

Comment

Re: XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

Thank you for that, looks like it does work. I'll try a re-install and see if I can even get into that screen, I can't now for some reason.

Edit: A reinstall of AXTU worked for me, so XFast RAM works on my Z77 board with Windows 8.1. Next to try the Z87 board...
      Last edited by parsec; 11-18-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X