Z77 Extrem 4 keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extrem 4 keeps crashing

I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 LGA 1155 with an i5-3570k cpu and Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX Ram. Only cooling is the cpu fan, haven't gotten around to buying a box fan.

Since the build a few days ago it kept crashing and I had to wait a while before I could start it up again. Yesterday the cpu fan ran very loud but I managed to boot up whereas I couldn't before. I installed a HDD with WIN 7 OS from a previous machine. I could not boot up until I changed BIOS setting for that HDD to IDE. Once I was in I slowly installed drivers but later realized that I can't use any USB devices even though I added all drivers including fastusb. So I decide to boot up to safe mode (maybe it was unnecessary) in order to uninstall and reinstall drivers. But my system crashed getting into safe mode. I was able to recover and get back to win 7. So it seems I have a problem getting into safe mode. There I was getting STOP: 0x0000007E and EUBKMON.SYS. But that aside earlier this morning the fan ran a little slower than yesterday and in one of the reboots the fan stopped spinning altogether. I was also getting a "machine_check_exception" errors during some of these reboots.

Currently it's working but I can't get the USBs to work. It seems windows keeps installing old drivers instead of the one I want. TIA.
    Last edited by Rubicon1138; 11-15-2013, 12:42 PM.

Re: Z77 Extrem 4 keeps crashing

Sounds as if you're due for a fresh install of Windows.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Z77 Extrem 4 keeps crashing

The machine is more stable now that the CPU fan is hooked up to cpufan2 instead of 1. I am now able to boot into safe mode since I uninstalled easeUS Backup. It seems that EUBKMON.SYS is an EaseUS driver that was causing the trouble. Since the issue now is more of a driver issue than a hardware issue, I've started a new thread (http://forums.tweaktown.com/drivers-...tml#post470558).

Comment

Working...
      X