Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z87 extreme 6 PCIE2 problem.

Good day everyone,

im im new here and it's my first post.. Any help will be aprreciated.
    Okay here's my problem.
    I have the card installed in 1st lane PCIE2 @16x base on the board spicification. mobo specs here ASRock > Z87 Extreme6

I have gtx 650 ti boost
    Asrock extreme6 mobo
    And i5 4670k.

I have installed and updated all latest drivers but still the problem is there when I open GPU-z it says there link width =@x4 and support up to @x16

As the manual says if I installed only 1 GPU in 1st PCIE slot (nearest to CPU)it should run @x16. I really noticed the lack of performance of the GPU in games and coz in my last mobo WEI score is 7.9 now the score is only 7.8 also in 3Dmark GPU scores are lower a lot lower actually with extreme 6 mobo compared to my old GA d3hp.

I don't know how to fix this. Is there any problem with GPU,CPU or I'm right the problem is with the mobo?

Anyone please,, I really need some fix..

Asrock z87 extreme 6 PCIE2 problem.

Hi,

Have a good day..
    I have a problem with my PCIE 2 slot of z87 extreme 6. This slot base on manual and spicification should run in 16x lane if used with single GPU. Okay I installed all drivers that came with the mobo. I didn't touch the bios coz it will void my warranty as vendor said. Now the problem is when I check in CPU-Z/maindboard/Graphics interface in link width is show x4 and supported up to x16. So it seems as how I understand it that the board isn't running the GPU @16x as it should.

CPU Intel i5 4670k, GPU is MSI gtx 650 ti boost. Everything @stock, Bios all in default except I set primary graphics to PCIE. I already tried changing PCIE2 speed in BIOS from auto-gen1,2,3 but it didn't help.

i will really appreciated any help you guys can give.
    Last edited by Khinx Urfa Samillano; 11-14-2013, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Re: Asrock z87 extreme 6 PCIE2 problem.

Dear Khinx,

When only installing one card on PCIE2, the card should work at x16 Gen3 mode.
      Please refer to below suggestions to try.
      1. Update the latest BIOS P2.10 from below link.
      Link: ASRock > Z87 Extreme6
      2. Please install the card to PCIE3 and then check if the card can work at x8.
      3. If possible, please test another VGA card on PCIE2 to check if the slot is fine that can work at x16.
      4. If possible, please test GTX650Ti on another system to check whether the card is fine.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the informative reply..

I tested the GPU in a different system and it did fine so I think it's not a GPU but instead a mobo problem. I already tried the PCIE3 slot of asrock extreme 6 but the drivers seemed not working because of bad/low resolution durin boot up.. And the last resort is bit fustrating because the vendor already warned me to void he warranty whenever I update he bios..

Comment

This business about not changing or updating the BIOS is not fair at all IMO, you own the PC and should have the ability to at least change a few BIOS settings for your particular needs.

You can check and if need be change some basic BIOS settings without voiding a warranty IMO. I have the same board as you do.

I noticed you said you, "... installed all drivers that came with the mobo...", but you did not mention the drivers for the 650 ti, did you install those too?

In GPU-Z, there is a small '?' symbol next to the "Bus Interface display, on the right. Did you click that to verify the PCI-E configuration, as the help text explains? Your Z87 Haswell board has many power saving features, and that might explain your x4 speed. A GTX 650 and 760 cards I use on Z77 PCs, will change to Gen1 speeds (2.5Gb/s) when the card is at idle, but run at 8Gb/s under load.

In Windows, open up your Power plan, and click on "Change advance settings". Check the PCI Express entry, open it and see what "Link State Power Management" is set to. If it is not set to Off or Moderate power savings, try one of those.

If you look at Programs and features, do you see an entry for, "Intel Management Engine Components"? If not, that software is needed for all the CPU features to work correctly.

Comment

hi..

thanks for the reply.
            sorry for my last reply.. i was just too confident it was mobo problem... now i tested my gtx 650 ti boost on a different syste,. and with or without driver it show 4x both in cpuz/gpuz.

i did update mobo BIOS anyway but to no avail. Power Link for PCIE is off..
            heres some screen shot
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X