Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79 Extreme6 New Build

Hey All,

I have this new build up and running however in the diveice manager no driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller and Unknown Device. Can someone shed some light on what to install to fix this please?

Re: X79 Extreme6 New Build

Originally posted by BobH View Post
    Hey All,

I have this new build up and running however in the device manager no driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller and Unknown Device. Can someone shed some light on what to install to fix this please?
    I see now that I have installed ME (v8.1.40.1416_1.5M) driver it installs the PCI Simple Communications Controller however now it has an! Yellow shield and still an unknown device. Sure would be great if someone could help me out here, I can't be the only one experiencing this issue.

Comment

Did you notice the following on the IME v8.1.40.1416_1.5M software download page:

Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.40.1416
      To support Intel IVB-E CPU, corresponding BIOS, drivers and AXTU update are required.
      Click here to download required BIOS
      Click here to download required AXTU
      Click here to download required Intel INF

A similar description is included with the BIOS version 2.40 download.

Did you reboot the PC after installing the IME software? If not do so.

I'm hoping you just haven't run the INF file installation program yet, but only because doing so now may fix your issue. For your CPU, this is INF driver ver:9.2.3.1020_PV

But you may have added to your issue by installing the IVB-E compatible BIOS, while using a SB-E processor. Note that the INF file installation program for IVB-E processors is INF driver ver:9.4.0.1017.

You can read more about this situation here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        Did you notice the following on the IME v8.1.40.1416_1.5M software download page:

Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.40.1416
        To support Intel IVB-E CPU, corresponding BIOS, drivers and AXTU update are required.
        Click here to download required BIOS
        Click here to download required AXTU
        Click here to download required Intel INF

A similar description is included with the BIOS version 2.40 download.

Did you reboot the PC after installing the IME software? If not do so.

I'm hoping you just haven't run the INF file installation program yet, but only because doing so now may fix your issue. For your CPU, this is INF driver ver:9.2.3.1020_PV

But you may have added to your issue by installing the IVB-E compatible BIOS, while using a SB-E processor. Note that the INF file installation program for IVB-E processors is INF driver ver:9.4.0.1017.

You can read more about this situation here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html

Thank... you for the reply and education.

I did upgrade the BIOS to P250 prior to install without realizing that the proper procedure of having to keep the USB Stick in the machine as outlined below.. I did however get to my knowledge a completed updat of the BIOS, but from reading your linked forum it appears that i maybe should have not upgraded to the P250 BIOS since I'm using the Intel Core i7-3930K
        Below is the quotation form that forum link.
        "The IME firmware update is part of the BIOS/UEFI update, and is transparent to the user, meaning it happens but you are unaware of it. The problem we've seen in this forum is the IME firmware update occurs (or is completed) after the PC reboots when the BIOS/UEFI update is completed. If the user removes the USB flash drive (used for the Instant Flash BIOS/UEFI update method) when the PC reboots but before the IME firmware update completes, the firmware update fails."

I guess the question that I have, am I running the wrong BIOS and inf drivers for this processor? If so is there a way to back track and reinstall the proper bios and inf file.

Comment

Working...
        X