Mb Asrock 960gm-vgs3 / fx4130 black edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mb Asrock 960gm-vgs3 / fx4130 black edition

The fx4130 is not in the support list of 960gm-vgs3.
    However, this mb suppports 125w Phenom. Can it support a 125w fx 4130?
    Thanks.

Re: Mb Asrock 960gm-vgs3 / fx4130 black edition

Here is asrock Emily's page, if you send her a message with the model number of the MOBO and the CPU, and ask nicely for a modded BIOS, I bet she will
    send you a BIOS with the CPU added.

View Profile: ASRock TSD - Emily - TweakTown Forums

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
      Here is asrock Emily's page, if you send her a message with the model number of the MOBO and the CPU, and ask nicely for a modded BIOS, I bet she will
      send you a BIOS with the CPU added.

View Profile: ASRock TSD - Emily - TweakTown Forums
      Thank you, I already sent a message to Emily.

Comment

Hey, I am having the same exact problem with instability in the system. How did you solved it ?

Comment

Originally posted by occult View Post
          Hey, I am having the same exact problem with instability in the system. How did you solved it ?
          I didn't solve it.
          I adviced my client to no use a 4130, but he want it and he kept it anyway. I don't know if he could solve the stability problem, he didn't come back.

This is what Emily says when i ask her:

"Basically, 125W CPU can work on 960GM-VGS3 FX without any problem.
          Because we found CPU may throttle when system is full loading, we don't suggest user to install 125W CPU on this model.
          Some users care about this issue, so we didn't list 125W CPU on CPU support list."

Comment

That's exactly what I am experiencing but I belive it has to do with the default settings in bios but I have no idea how to set things up so it would stabilize. I have posted some of the things I tried on this motherboard with the 4130 and it seems it gets stable but far from normal and perfect. In one of the BSoD i noticed something about "core can't be powered again" but in technical language...

I guess I will have to take back this motherboard and get another one even if I have to pay something more since this motherboard is the cheapest in the store I bought it

Comment

It's most likely not the CPU, but instead the thermal throttles built into the MB's VRM section that you are butting heads with.
              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
              X