z87 formula nb waterblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z87 formula nb waterblock

Just wondering why asrock only gave us a choice of a 3/8 barb on the nb block? It's been a great board for me, but my watercooling setup was with all high flow components a big pump and 1/2 id tubing, then I get this nb waterblock when I upgraded to haswell and wanted To add it but didn't want to have any bottle neck... ended up creating some probably stupid parralel with another pump, just wish there was more information about this block was provided to give amateurs a better idea of how it would fit in with what they have

Re: z87 formula nb waterblock

Are you talking about the Z87 OC Formula? I see it has a VRM waterblock from the factory, are there no options to swap to larger barbs? are you sure you cant stretch 3/8 tubing over your 1/2 barbs and keep it in the same loop?

Comment

Yes, that's the mb, no I don't think I'd do the stretching seems a little dodgy for me... my pump (mpc655) has built in 1/2 barbs... I could have always gone to 3/8 just for the mb block but I didn't like the idea of that... I got it all running ok now with a parallel that rejoins the 1/2 with the parallel video cards. As far as I'm aware the barbs are not removable... they don't look like they are.

Comment

They make 3/8 to 1/2 barbs. There pretty cheap. If the 3/8 to 1/2 doesn't work, just turn it, now it's 1/2 to 3/8.

Comment

Working...
        X