Z87 OC Formula shutdown hangs after installation of Rapid OC Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87 OC Formula shutdown hangs after installation of Rapid OC Software

After Installation of Win 7 64 I proceed to install drivers and apps from the ASRock CD. I chose the "install all" option. After installation the system hangs during shutdown. I re-installed the OS and there was no system hang on shutdown. I installed the drivers and apps from the ASRock CD with a reboot in between each one. All was OK untill after installing Rapid OC. Now the system hangs at shutdown again Un-installing Rapid OC did not correct the problem. Upgraded BIOS to 1.8, the problem still persists. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Re: Z87 OC Formula shutdown hangs after installation of Rapid OC Software

You can try uninstalling the ETRON USB drivers, either in uninstall or from devise MGR, Then make sure the driver in devise MGR is not ETRON and it's MS default after reboot, then see if rapid causes the same issue.

If it's ok, do a clean install, and don't install the ETRON driver listed, actually go to the z87 OC formula/AC and use the win 7 64 driver listed.

You might need to do a clean install leaving out the ETRON driver and then after running OS try the rapid OC, if same problem, you will be positive it's rapid.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 11-02-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Re: Z87 OC Formula shutdown hangs after installation of Rapid OC Software

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
      You can try uninstalling the ETRON USB drivers, either in uninstall or from devise MGR, Then make sure the driver in devise MGR is not ETRON and it's MS default after reboot, then see if rapid causes the same issue.

If it's ok, do a clean install, and don't install the ETRON driver listed, actually go to the z87 OC formula/AC and use the win 7 64 driver listed.

You might need to do a clean install leaving out the ETRON driver and then after running OS try the rapid OC, if same problem, you will be positive it's rapid.
      PROBLEM SOLVED Thanks odiebugs! The Etron drivers didn't want to go willingly though. The system hung when un-installing from both control panel and dvmanger. However, somewhere in that process they did un-install. The Etron 64x version 1.0.0.118 driver from the ASRock Z87 Formula/AC download section work well with no shutdown hang, even after re-installing Rapid OC.

Comment

Working...
      X