Asrock z87 Extreme 6 - problems with system clock going to fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z87 Extreme 6 - problems with system clock going to fast

I think this motherboard is messed up. In my 20 years of building pc's I have never experienced anything like this. My bios clock runs fine as it should. When I install win 7 x64 when it comes to putting in your time zone from the list. I noticed the second hand on the clock moving very fast. Approx 19secs for 1 min. It installs Win 7 pro fine no errors . So i used the drivers on a disk. My audio driver will not install. High Definition Audio Controller ( yellow exclamation mark ) This device cannot start. (Code 10). So no audio whatsoever. The Windows system clock is still doing 19 secs for 1 min rather then 60 sec. When watching videos or any gaming they speed up 3-4 times fast then should. I am not talking about FPS. Real time. Note: I have updaaaated the bios also and went to asrock website and downloaded and updated the drivers.

I have tried 3 different Operating systems win 7, win 8, and Vista / 3 different hard drives/ 3 different video cards, and also different sticks of ram. No matter what I do it does the same thing. i just purchased this from Newegg. And i am greatly disappointed of my first Asrock experience.

Here is the list of the hardware I just purchased
    i7-4770k
    Asrock z87 Extreme 6
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-16GSR

also with a
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9S-4GBXL

the pc boosts extremely fast.

--------------------------------------
    I have 2- Evga GTX 590 Classifieds, Evga GTX 560ti, Corsair AX1200, 2-1tb western digital black edition hdds, Kingston HyperX 120gb ssd

I NEED HELPPPPPPPPPPP . Also if i dont push each key down slowly it does thissssss.

odiebugs: comments:
    You really should have made a new post instead of posting it in here. You would get more help.

Did you update BIOS, and what OS are you running right now, and did you install UEFI or BIOS ?

P.S> this is probably a windows problem not a MOBO.

Have you tried this-

run the following command in a elevate privileges cmd window.

net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\w32time.dll
    w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time.windows.com,0x4 /syncfromflags:MANUAL
    net start w32time

----------------------------------------------
    yes the bios is updated , win 7 pro x64 is the os, I have tried all them commands as you listed still the problem exists.

Re: Asrock z87 Extreme 6 - problems with system clock going to fast

Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc , and then click OK.

In the Group Policy Object Editor MMC snap-in, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, and then click Windows Time Service.

In the right pane, right-click Global Configuration Settings, and then click Properties.

In the Global Configuration Settings Properties dialog box, click Not Configured, and then click OK.

Expand Windows Time Service, click Time Providers, and then set all the objects in this node to Not Configured. To do this, follow these steps: a. In the right pane, double-click Enable Windows NTP Client, click Not Configured, and then click OK.

---In the right pane, double-click Configure Windows NTP Client, click Not Configured, and then click OK.

--In the right pane, double-click Enable Windows NTP Server, click Not Configured, and then click OK.

Comment

I would try a new battery, then send ASRock a email, actually CMOS does have a hand in it.

The second memory is actually 1600. Both sets are not on the memory support list, email ASRock and tell then the memory model and the problem, see if they send you a modded BIOS.

Or probably a new chip.

Is the PSU new/ Haswell cert , under voltage on the 3.3v rail can also cause this, but should also make the CPU act up. I can't see the hardware, the link you posted is bad.
      Last edited by odiebugs; 10-19-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
        Also try power down, hit the power button till lights flash to make sure system has no power, switch memory around, reboot into BIOS and reset your settings.

Sorry forgot you tried a different set. I would try a new battery, then send ASRock a email, actually CMOS does have a hand in it.

The second memory is actually 1600. Both sets are not on the memory support list, email ASRock and tell then the memory model and the problem, see if they send you a modded BIOS.
        I have tried all... even put a new battery in it. The clock is still going too fast.
        It has to be something with the board. I do not think it is the ram. When I was installing windows even the clock was going to fast. When its asks you to select which time zone. It shows a analog clock. I have powered down with the pc off / unplugged /
        I have tried so many solutions. None of the pins are bent on the board. The pc gives me no errors. Like i said before it FLYS... 4 sec boot time. I have reset the cmos / cleared the bios / used 1 stick at a time in diferent mem banks / you asked me if i installed UEFI or Bios. I do not understand that..

Comment

Originally posted by addictedz View Post
          I have tried all... even put a new battery in it. The clock is still going too fast.
          It has to be something with the board. I do not think it is the ram. When I was installing windows even the clock was going to fast. When its asks you to select which time zone. It shows a analog clock. I have powered down with the pc off / unplugged /
          I have tried so many solutions. None of the pins are bent on the board. The pc gives me no errors. Like i said before it FLYS... 4 sec boot time. I have reset the cmos / cleared the bios / used 1 stick at a time in diferent mem banks / you asked me if i installed UEFI or Bios. I do not understand that..
          Are you in the US?

Comment

Yes, NY. Sounds like the BIOS chip, really, send ASRock a email, I don't see that asrock Emily has been around.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
              Yes, NY. Sound like the BIOS chip, really, send ASRock a email, I don't see that asrock Emily has been around.
              heres my cell number if you have a phone.. 715-421-9106 . perhaps i am missing something and typing on this suckssssssssssssssssss.

Comment

Well i just want my pc to run right..
                i7-4770k
                asrock z87 extreme 6
                (dont care what kind of ram as long it is 1866 2- 8 gb sticks)
                I have a Zalman cps10x performa now / i am going to get a corsair H100i or H110
                asrock's list of memory sucks.

I plan to send everything i just bought back to Newegg and start all over.
                Last edited by addictedz; 10-19-2013, 06:40 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Well i just want my pc to run right..
                  i7-4770k
                  asrock z87 extreme 6
                  (dont care what kind of ram as long it is 1866 2- 8 gb sticks)
                  I have a Zalman cps10x performa now / i am going to get a corsair H100i or H110
                  asrock's list of memory sucks.

Your crazy speed problem has been seen in this forum in the past, on a couple ASRock boards. Same symptoms as you described. Never found a solution.

I have a Z87 EX 6 board and have used it for months now, never had your problem. I would return the board.

You must care about the memory you use, you can't just use randomly chosen memory, if you do you'll just have a new issue to deal with. That is just a reality, ignore it at your own risk, sorry to say.

Comment

Meh. Just send the MB in for RMA or NewEgg exchange. There's a crystal on the MB that is used to keep time and my bet is the crystal is defective.
                    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
                    X