Bios/win 7 does not see added GTX 580 video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios/win 7 does not see added GTX 580 video card

I have asrock H87M pro4 motherboard updated firmware to 1.70 and when adding my EVGA gtx 580 video I cannot see new card and of coarse and cannot boot to it. Device does not show up in device manager either. I have set primary Intel 4600 to disable and no help, also set video to look at PCI express 1 slot no help and set pci to gen 2 no help as the gtx 580 is PCI E express 2.0, but should work on Auto detect, set to multiple displays no help. Please let me know what else I need to do to see gtx 580 video.
    Thank you tech support,
    Ron S.
    Last edited by rshimek65; 10-16-2013, 10:36 PM.

Re: Bios/win 7 does not see added GTX 580 video card

I have the same problem..

Comment

Hi I received a new video card from EVGA, they said old one had problem. I installed and it works with Microsoft video driver, the new EVGA driver blue screened with a Bad_Pool_Header 0x00000019, but the Microsoft driver works fine. Thank you EVGA.

Comment

EVGA's drivers have been terrible lately, causing all kinds of problems. I had BSOD/restarts just installing the drivers! I've been Ok with the 320 driver from EVGA, but some users claim that one also causes issues.

I had two EVGA GTX 660s in a row go bad while applying a VBIOS update that EVGA sent me, not to mention the insane driver issues. IMO, the one driver for all cards program they use is not working anymore, they need to draw a line between the 600 series, and cards before the 600 series, and use different installation programs.

Comment

Working...
        X