Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asrock z87 extreme 4 no hdmi audio output. not plugged in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z87 extreme 4 no hdmi audio output. not plugged in.

Hi, I have been trying to get Hdmi audio outptut using the intel onboard chipset. My Hdmi video works fine but no sound. I have updated the drivers in device manager and when i go playback options it shows hdmi audio output not plugged in. Realtek audio fine.
    help please thanks.

update works great if you put the drivers in from Asrock.
    Last edited by ubonaus; 09-08-2013, 02:17 AM.

Re: asrock z87 extreme 4 no hdmi audio output. not plugged in.

Originally posted by ubonaus View Post
    Hi, I have been trying to get Hdmi audio outptut using the intel onboard chipset. My Hdmi video works fine but no sound. I have updated the drivers in device manager and when i go playback options it shows hdmi audio output not plugged in. Realtek audio fine.
    help please thanks.

update works great if you put the drivers in from Asrock.
    I'm having this exact same issue right now. Which drivers did you download? I've tried installing the latest realtek audio drivers, the latest chipset drivers...even the latest AMD catalyst drivers even though I'm outputting audio through my motherboard.

Anyways, I'm still getting an error that an HDMI Audio Device is not plugged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

I just got my new system going - Z87M Extreme4 with Intel 4770k and I have the same problem. Video is fine out HDMI but no sound. Under Digital Audio (HDMI) is says not plugged in & its red

Comment

Seems like the problem may be in the BIOS. There should be audio playing when in the BIOS. Note the mute button. I was having a similar problem on my old computer. This is why I chose to build a new one. No Audio on HDMI right out of the box! May have to return it to Newegg and get something else. Please help if anyone can!

Comment

Does anyone have HDMI sound working with this MB? And if so can you verify that there is sound in the BIOS menu? That would eliminate the OS and drivers completely as possible problems.

Comment

Originally posted by djhamp View Post
            Does anyone have HDMI sound working with this MB? And if so can you verify that there is sound in the BIOS menu? That would eliminate the OS and drivers completely as possible problems.
            I had this same problem and was able to fix it by updating to the following HD Graphics 4600 driver -- 15.31.17.64.3257 -- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=23106

I'm running Windows 7, 4770K, and the AS Rock z87 Extreme 4

Comment

Originally posted by jkatter View Post
              I had this same problem and was able to fix it by updating to the following HD Graphics 4600 driver -- 15.31.17.64.3257 -- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=23106

I'm running Windows 7, 4770K, and the AS Rock z87 Extreme 4

Thank-you very much!!! That did the trick - its working now. That is a older driver and I got some warnings installing it (I am on Windows 8.1) but sound started working and the video looks good so who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by djhamp View Post
                Thank-you very much!!! That did the trick - its working now. That is a older driver and I got some warnings installing it (I am on Windows 8.1) but sound started working and the video looks good so who cares.
                Thanks so much! I just did this too and it works great. I don't know why the newer drivers would break this but, glad to see there's a fix out there!

Comment

Ok. Apparently the problem was in the Bios. I noticed the motherboard box said it had login to windows with usb key feature. The problem with that is the motherboard software did not include this. I downloaded it from ASrock. When I went to use it I noticed a live update feature which updated my Bios and just like magic there was sound in the Bios and in windows. If I had it to do over again I would not buy this motherboard. ASrock should have known the Bios they were shipping the motherboard with had no audio. I have custom built many computers and this was my worst experience.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention it was called F Stream Tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Sheetz View Post
                      Um, F-Stream Tuning isn't for the Z87 Extreme4.

It's called A-Tuning for the Z87 EX4. That you even have F-Stream installed on this board may account for your particular headaches.
                      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Seems like the problem may be in the BIOS. There should be audio playing when in the BIOS. Note the mute button. I was having a similar problem on my old computer. This is why I chose to build a new one. No Audio on HDMI right out of the box! May have to return it to Newegg and get something else. Please help if anyone can!
                        Ok. Apparently the problem was in the Bios. I noticed the motherboard box said it had login to windows with usb key feature. The problem with that is the motherboard software did not include this. I downloaded it from ASrock. When I went to use it I noticed a live update feature which updated my Bios and just like magic there was sound in the Bios and in windows. If I had it to do over again I would not buy this motherboard. ASrock should have known the Bios they were shipping the motherboard with had no audio. I have custom built many computers and this was my worst experience.
                        The others in this thread fixed it with an Intel graphics driver change.

Which BIOS version caused the HDMI sound problem you had?

I'm sure A-Tuning is on the board's software disk. I don't think F-Stream is used on any of the ASRock Intel 8 series chipset boards, a few 7 series boards do, and 6 series boards.

Sounds like a lot of audio problems right out of the box. Since that was apparently never fixed on your old board, it seems ASRock is doing a little better.

How do you know the board provided no audio? That might have been just with a HDMI connection.

Let's see, the number of board's I've owned where every BIOS version was perfect is... zero. Plus every experienced builder knows the first BIOS version for any board is a throw away.

Comment

The board software had a tuning but there was no live update tab. The F Stream did. It also had the USB key software. Good point about the bios having bugs but no audio?

Comment

Working...
                          X