Z77 Extreme 6 Bios P2.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme 6 Bios P2.80

I flashed to this Bios and it seems to have some anomalies, wanted to see if this is a Bios issue or board. Every time it boots, it re installs the USB device drivers and some times on boot it will not see the hard drives its pointed at, seems once I enter the bios then exit all is well but I never change anything at all.
    Anyway, if someone else has one they like better or suggestions.

My set up
    Intel 3570K/water
    8GB Gskill Ripjaws X @1600
    Z77 Extreme6
    2X PNY 580 GTX SLI
    OCZ Sata II SSD 60GB/Win7 64Bit
    2X 160GB WD green HHD'S
    Corsair TX 750
    3D mark 06
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Re: Z77 Extreme 6 Bios P2.80

Your board's version 2.80 BIOS, like my Z77 Ex 4 board's version 2.90 BIOS, is said to "Change Internet Flash server", and that is all. I've noticed nothing else new or different about it. All ASR boards that have the Internet Flash option have a similar BIOS update.

Did you happen to clear the CMOS right after updating to 2.80? If so, that is supposed to cause problems according to ASRock.

I don't think we've seen any other complaints about the 2.80 BIOS for your board in this forum, and 2.80 has been available for ~five weeks now. My Z77 Ex 4 board has no issues with its version of this update.

I would try flashing that version again using Instant Flash, or change to version 2.70 using Instant Flash, and see what happens. IMO you're not missing much if you don't use 2.90.

Comment

Cool
      Yeah I cleared Cmos and rebooted to defaults after, its seems I have an USB issue. it is my fault just not sure what I did to cause it, I can not re install the Etron USb drivers for the life of me now. Windows always jumps in and ruins it causing an error very frustrating.
      thanks for the replay!!!
      MSI X-99SLI
      Intel 5930K WATER
      EVGA Nilla 1080
      POWER!

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        Your board's version 2.80 BIOS, like my Z77 Ex 4 board's version 2.90 BIOS, is said to "Change Internet Flash server", and that is all. I've noticed nothing else new or different about it. All ASR boards that have the Internet Flash option have a similar BIOS update.

Did you happen to clear the CMOS right after updating to 2.80? If so, that is supposed to cause problems according to ASRock.

I don't think we've seen any other complaints about the 2.80 BIOS for your board in this forum, and 2.80 has been available for ~five weeks now. My Z77 Ex 4 board has no issues with its version of this update.

I would try flashing that version again using Instant Flash, or change to version 2.70 using Instant Flash, and see what happens. IMO you're not missing much if you don't use 2.90.

figured it out, I had turned Drive que on to save disc space as i was getting low on free room after my BF2 install using 20 something GB of room. So the re install of drivers would not complete nor tell me why it wouldn't install..........UGH! I just didn't set it up so it had a place to put the new drivers.
        Thanks for the help Parsec!
        Last edited by jaggerwild; 09-02-2013, 04:10 PM.
        MSI X-99SLI
        Intel 5930K WATER
        EVGA Nilla 1080
        POWER!

Comment

No problem, glad you figured it out. By "Drive que" you mean Google Drive, or something else?

Otherwise, that all makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            No problem, glad you figured it out. By "Drive que" you mean Google Drive, or something else?

Otherwise, that all makes sense.
            I meant "Quota", under computer management>Storage>Right click on Drive>properties>the bottom right option is Quota. Basically you can stop the computer from loading file sizes, its kinda cool is you know how to use it lol! It would just not do anything till I put that option back to normal, How I even found it I'll never know!!
            My main HD is a Sata II OCZ 60GB, then my files all go to 2 160GB green Western digital HHD'S set up in raid to span and give max space. As it's my GAMING RIG, I got most of my extra hard drive's on it. Still waiting on the RMA of my other Asus board, ugh n waiting...............
            MSI X-99SLI
            Intel 5930K WATER
            EVGA Nilla 1080
            POWER!

Comment

Well, what's most troubling to me with the 2.8 bios for the Z77 Extreme 6 is that at boot up, the 'ASROCK' is displayed in white. It's visually less pleasing to me than bios 2.9 for my Z77 Extreme4 which is displayed in a light greenish yellow, with a 'chrome' effect. It's all about priorities!
              Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
              i7-2600k i7-2600k
              G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
              Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
              EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
              Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
              Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

Is that the bios slapsh screen or the default splash screen? Have you tried switching it? fer chits n giggles?
                MSI X-99SLI
                Intel 5930K WATER
                EVGA Nilla 1080
                POWER!

Comment

Re: Z77 Extreme 6 Bios P2.80 Instant flash issue

I am just setting up a new system using the ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 motherboard. One of my first steps was to update the BIOS. I tried using the network flash utility under EUFI, but could not get a network connection to the severs. So I downloaded version 2.80 (Instant Flash) onto a USB Drive and proceeded with instant flash. The utility displayed my downloaded file in it's extracted state and gave me two choices to select from - Configuration and Refresh. I selected "Configuration" to see what it was all about and the system took off reading the USB drive and blanked the display screen. The light on the USB drive has been slowly blinking for over 40 minutes and there is no sign of anything else happening. I don't know what if anything is being updated, but I have never seen a BIOS Update run like this. How long should an update take for this release? I am afraid to shut off the system, but it sure acting like it is hung. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Re: Z77 Extreme 6 Bios P2.80 Instant flash issue

Originally posted by jafe43 View Post
                    I am just setting up a new system using the ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 motherboard. One of my first steps was to update the BIOS. I tried using the network flash utility under EUFI, but could not get a network connection to the severs. So I downloaded version 2.80 (Instant Flash) onto a USB Drive and proceeded with instant flash. The utility displayed my downloaded file in it's extracted state and gave me two choices to select from - Configuration and Refresh. I selected "Configuration" to see what it was all about and the system took off reading the USB drive and blanked the display screen. The light on the USB drive has been slowly blinking for over 40 minutes and there is no sign of anything else happening. I don't know what if anything is being updated, but I have never seen a BIOS Update run like this. How long should an update take for this release? I am afraid to shut off the system, but it sure acting like it is hung. Anyone have any suggestions?
                    Update: I bit the bullet and shut down the system. Fortunately it restarted and I was able to successfully flash to version 2.80. Worked as expected in a few minutes and I can now connect to the ASRock update servers.

Comment

Working...
                    X