Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock C226 WS VT-d support

Hello all,
    I am considering use C226 WS with Core i7-4770 or XEON E3-1230 v3 but I don't know if this board has correct support for VT-d. Chipset and processor supports VT-d, board should support VT-d according to manual but I have read a lot of discussion about broken VT-d support in BIOS for boards from other manufacturers.
    KVM or XEN hypervisor is used on the Linux X86_64 host side.
    I would like to pass through Radeon HD7750 in PCIE6 (x16 mode) to Windows 8 guest and use Core i7-4770 integrated graphic adapter for Linux X86_64 host.
    The second case is use Radeon HD7750 in PCIE6 slot in x8 mode and pass through another Radeon HD7750 in PCIE3 (x8 mode) to Windows 8 guest.

Can you report any success with VGA pass through from Linux X86_64 host to Windows 8 guest on this board?

Re: Asrock C226 WS VT-d support

According to the manual on this motherboard, there is option of enabling/disabling "Vt-d" in BIOS.

But my question is following: does this motherboard support "Intel Vpro" technology, due to using the C226 chipset, that supports Vpro?
    P.S. Unfortunately, technical support of Asrock is disgusting. Nobody answered me by email and by online form on the official site.
    Last edited by fekhek; 02-14-2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

C226 WS LAN is using Intel i210+i210, it does not support vPRO. The hardware needs to have i210+i217LM to be able to support vPRO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill @@ View Post
        C226 WS LAN is using Intel i210+i210, it does not support vPRO. The hardware needs to have i210+i217LM to be able to support vPRO.

Comment

Hi fekhek, comment is well received, will share the info with R&D. Thank you and sorry for the delay in reply. Monday was President's Day and ASRock America was off for a day.

Comment

Working...
          X