• Show
Clear All

• F-Stream Tuning Installation Issues?

I'm using Windows 8
    and here is my hardware information:

I5 4670
    H87 Performance
    GTX770

When I install F-Stream and open it, the situation looks like that.

The GUI was completely distorted and driver installation fail was prompted.

Any help? Thank you very much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fst.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	756210

Re: F-Stream Tuning Installation Issues?

Originally posted by miniake View Post
    I'm using Windows 8
    and here is my hardware information:

I5 4670
    H87 Performance
    GTX770

When I install F-Stream and open it, the situation looks like that.

The GUI was completely distorted and driver installation fail was prompted.

Any help? Thank you very much.

[ATTACH]6136[/ATTACH]
    HI,
    I seem to have the exact problem since I updated to the latest Bios, I have a Asrock Fatal1ty P67 Performance
    I have searched everywhere for an answer to no avail :(

Comment

Is it possible you are running the wrong version? I run the version from the P67 Performance download page (5/14/2012), on both Win7 and 8 without issue. Of course it looks completely different.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your input. I wish the answer was that simple.
        Like I said it is only since my bios update that I have had problems. It worked fine before that using the version from my install disc, since the update neither the version you use or the disc version work any longer, in fact ive tried a few others not specifically for my board just to check to no avail.
        I think it may be a windows problem but i am reluctant to reinstall. I can live without it andjust O/C from the bios but I just wandered if anyone else had problems after updating the bios

Comment

I only installed it to monitor voltages occasionally. I think it's better to OC and set fan options in the bios, no program to load.

I have been running the latest bios since it came out a year and a half ago. I installed Windows after the bios update though, so maybe that is an issue.

Comment

Have you updated the Intel ME driver from the download pages?

It appears it is req'd to run the latest F-Stream.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by marillion View Post
              Hi and thanks for your input. I wish the answer was that simple.
              Like I said it is only since my bios update that I have had problems. It worked fine before that using the version from my install disc, since the update neither the version you use or the disc version work any longer, in fact ive tried a few others not specifically for my board just to check to no avail.
              I think it may be a windows problem but i am reluctant to reinstall. I can live without it andjust O/C from the bios but I just wandered if anyone else had problems after updating the bios
              The H87 Performance 1.60 UEFI/BIOS update, updated the IME firmware, not the IME software, which is dated 10/17/13. No need to change the IME software, unless it's not been installed.

I've had a similar problem with my ASRock board, after I cloned a Windows 8.1 installation. Tried it twice, same result. Any chance you are using a cloned Windows installation?

Using default values in the UEFI? My ASRock Z87 board has a similar UEFI update to your 1.60, but I did not have issues with A-Tuning afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                The H87 Performance 1.60 UEFI/BIOS update, updated the IME firmware, not the IME software, which is dated 10/17/13. No need to change the IME software, unless it's not been installed.
                My bad. I meant IME firmware.

Marillion, for your P67 Performance(bottom of post #2, wink wink) there is an IME firmware update that seems to infer you need to update to if using the latest F-Stream for that board. Look in the downloads section of the ASRock site pages for your board.
                #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                  My bad. I meant IME firmware.

Marillion, for your P67 Performance(bottom of post #2, wink wink) there is an IME firmware update that seems to infer you need to update to if using the latest F-Stream for that board. Look in the downloads section of the ASRock site pages for your board.
                  The IME firmware update is part of the bios update on the P67 Performance. I've never installed the IME software, and F-stream works fine.

Comment

ME :_ Thanks for all the replies guys.

[QUOTE] Re: F-Stream Tuning Installation Issues?
                    I only installed it to monitor voltages occasionally. I think it's better to OC and set fan options in the bios, no program to load.

I have been running the latest bios since it came out a year and a half ago. I installed Windows after the bios update though, so maybe that is an issue.TE]

ME:- As WilliamM2 say's, its not a great issue as I overclock from the bios, it would be nice to see voltages though

[QUOTE] Re: F-Stream Tuning Installation Issues?
                    Have you updated the Intel ME driver from the download pages?

It appears it is req'd to run the latest F-Stream. #

1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs

#2 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.), and will call you out should I think it's marginal for your build.
                    ____Consider the PSU the foundation upon what all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ME:- All my Drivers are checked and up to date including Intel ME

[QUOTE]

I've had a similar problem with my ASRock board, after I cloned a Windows 8.1 installation. Tried it twice, same result. Any chance you are using a cloned Windows installation?

Using default values in the UEFI? My ASRock Z87 board has a similar UEFI update to your 1.60, but I did not have issues with A-Tuning afterwards.

ME:- I always do a fresh install, although, I haven't reinstalled since my Bios update so that is the way I'm leaning towards. It may or may not be resolved when I need to reinstall Windows again but at the moment its no great problem, just something that niggles me lol.

[QUOTE] My bad. I meant IME firmware.

ME:- Yeppers, IME updated with the required Drivers and updates direct from Asrock.

Thanks for everyones input

Last edited by marillion; 12-15-2013, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamM2 View Post
                      Is it possible you are running the wrong version? I run the version from the P67 Performance download page (5/14/2012), on both Win7 and 8 without issue. Of course it looks completely different.
                      LOL, the F-Stream Tuning Software on my Windows 8.1 machine looks very similar to the Window's Blue Screen of Death...

- AJ

Comment

Working...
                      X