Megalodon + z87e = Going Insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megalodon + z87e = Going Insane

So as if two days ago I rebuilt my system upgrading from an x58(dfi lanparty) and an i7 930, to a z87(ASRock z87e m-itx) and an i5 4670k. Now everything in my system is running great! Except my razer megalodon. Prior to this upgrade I had no issues with the headset. However now, it has issues being recognized. initializing(constantly getting CODE 10 errors when unplugging and plugging back in), massive amounts of cracking and popping when using VoIP and inevitably what can only be described as a device crash(stops doing anything but playing a high pitch tone) or just stops working altogether. The crashes always happen within 20 minutes of usage.
    I have found one other posting what sounds like the exact same issue on another forum but he had received no responses or solution, he was using a different board model but same chipset Z87 and manufacturer ASRock.
    The other thread I found.
    [Windows][Audio] Stuttering/Crackling/Popping and driver issues with USB headphones after hardware upgrade.

My system:
    ASRock Z87E-ITX
    I5 4670k
    2 x 4gb G.Skill Ares 1600
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT (taheti Le)
    2 x Intel gen2 80gb SSD's
    1 Asus DVD RW

Help me, you're my only hope!
    Anthony (aka Ski)

Re: Megalodon + z87e = Going Insane

You should have two differences, audio drivers on the native realtek, and USB, drivers. And three if you have different OS. Personally I would reinstall OS and allow the MS drivers to be used for both the USB and audio. Most people hate to reinstall, so I would say try updating the
    USB driver to the 2.5.0.19 intel driver, and try both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. Then try the newest realtek driver 6971.

I don't see drivers for the razor but if there are make sure correct OS and the try older or newer or software versions.

You might wish to tune down your Razer Megalodon’s microphone sensitivity which is picking up background/ambient noise due to its extreme sensitivity. The gaming grade engineered, noise filtering microphone is amplified in its natural state and this may cause the sounds as described above. You can do this by selecting the “mic sens” button on your Megalodon control pod and adjusting the level accordingly.

There is a firmware update but it's from 2011 so I assume they are already updated, but checking won't hurt.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 08-11-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

this is a fresh install of windows, after trying the pre-existing install. The Megaladon has no drivers to speak of. The firmware is up to date. I tried the 2.0 USB drivers on the ASRock site, the 2.5 Drivers on Intels site, the most up to date realtek drivers(not that they should matter it is essentially a USB sound card and has zero interactivity with the on board sound which I have also tried both enabled and disabled) My bios was at 1.8 and that did not work I updated to 1.9 also not working. I more often then not get CODE 10 error, which means it is most likely a driver error of some sort. are there any known compatibility issues with intels 8 series usb drivers? this thing worked perfect on my c58 board just 4 hours prior. Also I have tried every single port on the board and all ports offered by on board headers. Nothing is fixing it, and the times it does initialize it crashes to the single high pitched tone within a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Skiboy View Post
        this is a fresh install of windows, after trying the pre-existing install. The Megaladon has no drivers to speak of. The firmware is up to date. I tried the 2.0 USB drivers on the ASRock site, the 2.5 Drivers on Intels site, the most up to date realtek drivers(not that they should matter it is essentially a USB sound card and has zero interactivity with the on board sound which I have also tried both enabled and disabled) My bios was at 1.8 and that did not work I updated to 1.9 also not working. I more often then not get CODE 10 error, which means it is most likely a driver error of some sort. are there any known compatibility issues with intels 8 series usb drivers? this thing worked perfect on my c58 board just 4 hours prior. Also I have tried every single port on the board and all ports offered by on board headers. Nothing is fixing it, and the times it does initialize it crashes to the single high pitched tone within a short period of time.

I know you just installed windows, but I figured you've went ahead and installed the drivers from the site or the disk, which means you don't have older drivers or generic one's now.

Go into your BIOS, and DISABLE- ONBORD HD AUDIO,, FRONT PANEL,, ONBOARD HDMI HD AUDIO.

See if this has any effect.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
          I know you just installed windows, but I figured you've went ahead and installed the drivers from the site or the disk, which means you don't have older drivers or generic one's now.

Go into your BIOS, and DISABLE- ONBORD HD AUDIO,, FRONT PANEL,, ONBOARD HDMI HD AUDIO.

See if this has any effect.
          Yeah I already tried it with and without onboard audio enabled, with and without realtek drivers installed, with no usb drivers, with 2.0 drivers from asrock, 2.5 drivers from intels site, and basically any and all combinations possible in that list... along with every onboard header and port iwht and without my video card installed with a ps2 keyboard instead of a USB one with drives on basically every possible port, with the WLAN and Bluetooth enabled/disabled. I have basically gone through every single generic troubleshooting step possible. I have played with all of the different USB power options, all the legacy modes. I mean not that I don't appreciate the tips and tricks but I did all that before I resorted to a forum post lol. I am literally at my whits end. My GF currently goes to school 3k miles away and this is our main form of communication and I can't even have a normal conversation. I am most definatly not the only person with this issue in the last few days I have found multiple other people experiencing the exact same issues all on intel 8 series boards. So I am thinking it is some sort of driver incompatibility issue. the question is, do the ASRock guys know of it already? Is there a fix that I am just not finding listed?

Comment

You're correct about not being the only person, seeing how there have been so many problems all the way back to 2009 where the problem was bad with win -64 OS's.

It's not just the new chipset or just asrock. There have been so many people who have found different tips worked and some who have just never used it again because they could never get it to work.

61 people on newegg rated it as very poor. You might just buy something to chat with.

You can email ASRock and see what they think. It's a new board, I'm sure they'll reply an try to help.

Sorry ! but sounds like you've done everything with the board that can be done.
            Last edited by odiebugs; 08-13-2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X