plastic heatsink retention module snapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic heatsink retention module snapped

on my 970 extreme4 mobo.... can anyone help me find where to get a replacement? its the part that's labelled as number 6 on the user manual here
    http://download.asrock.com/manual/970%20Extreme4.pdf just a piece of black plastic with two holes for screws. Any help appreciated!

Re: plastic heatsink retention module snapped

is this what im looking for? its not in two separate pieces like it is on my mobo but it does Look like it will go around the cpu correctly.

Comment

I just happened on this post with no answer and the reason that no one has commented is that it is probably the first case I have seen of one of these snapping. It is used when mounting a factory heatsink of an AMD cpu. Otherwise they have to be removed to install most after-market CPU heatsinks , as was the case with me. I removed and stowed them in the box which will probably end up going to the trash eventually.

I would suppose the one offered at Amazon will fit so go for it and remember that most things attached to a motherboard come out without force....or you end up breaking them.

Comment

Originally posted by Papang View Post
        I just happened on this post with no answer and the reason that no one has commented is that it is probably the first case I have seen of one of these snapping. It is used when mounting a factory heatsink of an AMD cpu. Otherwise they have to be removed to install most after-market CPU heatsinks , as was the case with me. I removed and stowed them in the box which will probably end up going to the trash eventually.

I would suppose the one offered at Amazon will fit so go for it and remember that most things attached to a motherboard come out without force....or you end up breaking them.
        Thanks for the reply Papang! I'll order one of those parts and try it out. I was surprised by how much weight there is on the heatsink I have right now. Just glad the PC was off when it came loose.

Comment

Working...
        X