Z87 Extreme6 "Ultra Fast Boot" not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87 Extreme6 "Ultra Fast Boot" not working

I have my ssd set up to log into Windows 8 X64. When I enable "Ultra Fast Boot", save changes and exit, it just takes me back to the UEFI bios screen. This happens on a cold boot as well. Here are some specs

Nvidia GTX 760 X2
    i7 4770K
    16GB GSkill Ares 2400 Ram

Fast mode is the best I can get. Help!! :)

Re: Z87 Extreme6 "Ultra Fast Boot" not working

While I don't know much about this at the time (I wasn't aware this would be supported in Win 7 when I installed my system) I do believe you need to do a fresh install in UEFI mode to get this work at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiari View Post
      While I don't know much about this at the time (I wasn't aware this would be supported in Win 7 when I installed my system) I do believe you need to do a fresh install in UEFI mode to get this work at all.
      How would one install Windows 8 in UEFI mode? My understanding is that this feature is built into any version of 8 that you install.

Comment

Originally posted by ampogo View Post
        How would one install Windows 8 in UEFI mode? My understanding is that this feature is built into any version of 8 that you install.
        It's not that simple.

Is your Windows 8 installation installed with a GPT formatted SSD?

When you set the boot order in the BIOS, what is the name of the device/drive with your OS on it?

Have you disabled CSM in the BIOS? Or possibly set Secure Boot to enabled?

Do your GTX 760's have a GOP compatible Vbios?

The BIOS screen keeps appearing when you choose Ultra Fast boot, because one or more of the items above are not configured correctly, or compatible. That is an error condition, so you are not allowed out of the BIOS until things are corrected, or you don't select the Ultra Fast setting.
        Last edited by parsec; 07-23-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X