Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet much slower, non-working USB 3.0 ports on front Wi-Fi breakout box, and dying gaming mice since upgrade to ASRock Z87 Extreme9/AC mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet much slower, non-working USB 3.0 ports on front Wi-Fi breakout box, and dying gaming mice since upgrade to ASRock Z87 Extreme9/AC mobo

Though I was giddy over better Heaven benchmarks for my new Haswell i7 4770K CPU on ASRock Z87 Extreme9/AC over my old Phenom II 965 BE on Asus Crosshair IV Formula, there are a few things that leave a lot to be desired.

1) My new ASRock Z87 Extreme9/AC motherboard kills gaming mice after reboots. ASRock denies that their APP Charger over-volts their USB 2.0 ports. A salesman at Microcenter told me that ASRock's APP Charger maintains the same voltage, but increases the amperage. I therefore hope to plug a replacement gaming mouse (Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS laser gaming mouse) into an available USB 3.0 which brings me to the next problem:

2) The four USB 3.0 ports on the front of my Wi-Fi breakout box don't work. Does anyone know how I can get them to work?

3) I can't watch clips online. I tested my internet speed at speedtest.net and my ping was 17, my uploads about what I had been having, +/- 37Mbps, but my downloads are 3.7Mbps. I had enjoyed download speeds of close to 59Mbps before. I thought having dual ethernet LAN was supposed to process my incoming internet twice as fast. What the heck?

I'll try contacting Vudu for optimizing my internet protocols for their streaming service, and maybe Verizon FIOS as well for optimizing my upgraded system to their modem, but is there anything I can do before I call those respective support centers for help? I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to eradicate any trace of my old Asus utilities and drivers. I'd be grateful for any help. Thank you.

Re: Internet much slower, non-working USB 3.0 ports on front Wi-Fi breakout box, and dying gaming mice since upgrade to ASRock Z87 Extreme9/AC mobo

Originally posted by 7beauties View Post
    ... I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to eradicate any trace of my old Asus utilities and drivers. I'd be grateful for any help. Thank you.
    So not a fresh Windows installation (Windows... what version?), to a completely different board and CPU platform. Personally, I'd never trust that.

How did you install drivers, etc, for the new board/CPU? Anything that you did not install?

Internet speeds are always dependent on your ISP, they are always slower than just 100Mbps, so one 1000Mbps connection is overkill. But unless things are not configured correctly, you won't be using both NICs. I'm assuming this is not a wireless connection, you did not specify. Do you have two network cables from a switch, one into each Ethernet port on the board? Given that, you then need to create a team of the two NICs to have both working, depending on the type of team chosen. Did you restart your router, since your network interface has changed?

USB of any type is 5V, to exceed that would be a major mistake. AppCharger increases the current/power capability available at the USB port. If the device connected to a USB port in that state is poorly designed, and does not limit the power draw, or assumes it will just be a USB 2.0 port at 0.5A, then even a standard powered USB 3.0 port could over power it. I've seen this before with Corsair keyboards in this forum. I highly doubt a keyboard needs bandwidth beyond a USB 2.0 connection.

If the USB connector on the keyboard is USB 2.0, with four contact points, then using it in a USB 3.0 connection that has nine contact points (twice the data lanes) does nothing to make it faster, and only connects the keyboard to a higher power source.

I would check the cable connection to those USB 3.0 ports on the mother board, those connections are not very secure. The USB 3.0 drivers must be installed for those ports to function, of course.

Comment

Working...
    X