Problems with G.skill 2133 RAM and Z77 Extreme 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with G.skill 2133 RAM and Z77 Extreme 6

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the right configuration for my RAM on my Z77 Extreme 6. I just upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 and still can't figure out how to run it at 2133Mhz. I was only able to run it at 2000Mhz without any crashes.

I try XMP both profiles 1 and 2 without any luck.

Is there's any special science around this.

thanks

Re: Problems with G.skill 2133 RAM and Z77 Extreme 6

Originally posted by fa7h3r View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to figure out the right configuration for my RAM on my Z77 Extreme 6. I just upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 and still can't figure out how to run it at 2133Mhz. I was only able to run it at 2000Mhz without any crashes.

I try XMP both profiles 1 and 2 without any luck.

Is there's any special science around this.

thanks
    Hello!
    I assume that memory is on the motherboard compatibility list? ON the memory label it shows the rated voltage for 2133Mhz, if you look at the SPD file whitin CPu-Z it will show you if the voltage needs to change for your set of memory. If so you'll need to set the voltage manually, always good to check it anyway.
    When you say you just upgraded from a 2.6 to a 2.7 I'm not sure what you mean? On the menu(I think second page from the left) it has the memory stuff, if you scroll down a little bit and read the left hand side menu's it should offer to change the memory speed(IF YOU ARE NOT IN XMP). Hope this helped you and not confused you.
    Attached Files
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
    X