Asrock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Lost "audio device" after fresh Win7 Pro upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Lost "audio device" after fresh Win7 Pro upgrade

Asrock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Lost "audio device" after fresh Win7 Pro upgrade, Creative XFI/MB2 and THX audio can't find "the audio device". I still have sound, using hdmi on Sapphire 7870 XT gfx card, but can't use my sound system the way I used to. I did a default MB bios update as I just went to the FM2 A-10 6800K APU, then with a lot of help from MS support ended up doing a fresh reinstall of Win 7 Home before being able to upgrade to Pro. I reinstalled all the Asrock files and did updates as needed. But I can't figure out which device drivers I'm missing for the Creative suite with THX Pro (purchased) that works with this MB. Anyone see what I might have forgot?

Thermaltake Level 10 Series Level 10 GTS Black ATX mid TowerCase<o:p></o:p>
    ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) AMDMotherboard (BIOS Ver. P2.10)<o:p></o:p>
    AMD A10-6800K Four-Core 4GHz FM2 Processor 100W, Unlocked <o:p></o:p>
    Dynatron G950 4 heatpipe HCC (Heatpipe Contact CPU) CPUCooler<o:p></o:p>
    Centon 120GB CENTON SATAIII SSD Mod. 120GB25S3VVS1 <o:p></o:p>
    Western Digital WD1002FAEX Black 1TB Desktop Hard Drive -3.5", SATA 6Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Seagate ST3500418AS 500GB SATAII Hard Drive <o:p></o:p>
    SAPPHIRE 100354XTL Radeon HD 7870 XT w/Boost 2GB 256-bitGDDR5 PCI Express <o:p></o:p>
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1866MHz(PC3 14900) Memory F3-1866C9D-16GSR <o:p></o:p>
    Ultra X4 750-Watt Modular Power Supply V2 <o:p></o:p>
    LG 24X DVD Burner -24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS95 <o:p></o:p>
    3- BitFenix Spectre All Black 200mm Fans(BFF-SCF-20020KK-RP) Replaced Front Thermaltake to get rid of Blue LED, one inside panel intake, one in top exhaust. <o:p></o:p>
    Lepa 120mm rear exhaust fan <o:p></o:p>
    The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Re: Asrock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Lost &quot;audio device&quot; after fresh Win7 Pro upgrade

I apologize, I misread, you said upgrade not update. Does not apply so I deleted.
    Last edited by 2lalaland; 06-28-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Re: Asrock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Lost &quot;audio device&quot; after fresh Win7 Pro upgrade

Originally posted by 2lalaland View Post
      I apologize, I misread, you said upgrade not update. Does not apply so I deleted.
      I did read your original posted reply (in my email) before you deleted. I don't know if what I'm about to say will help you but this is what happened to me.
      Way back...I purchased a "Family 3-pack" for Win 7 Home Premium. It was a very early full version of Win 7, they sold as a marketing thing to get as many folks to go 7 as possible. I've installed it on 2 new systems I but for the house and my old media PC I use in the living room for Hulu, Netflix, Blockbuster etc. The old system is an AMD Phenom II X4 940BE Gigabyte 785 MB. It still works great and Win 7 installed great. My new system is using the Asrock FM2 A85X Ext 6 with the new AMD A10-6800K. It is a little better than the 5800k I originally built it with but no biggie. Then I decided I would go to Win 7 Pro so I could do a small NAS (Networked drive) for the house and eventually go Pro on all PC's for sharing/streaming etc. I purchased the (made to sound easy) Windows Anytime Upgrade. Let me say here...NO ONE should do that if they have and older retail version of Home installed. 5 (4-5 hours each) days with MS in India support and they had to do a "fresh/full install of Home on this PC to get the upgrade to work. My old Home package will not work with anytime upgrade. During all of this debacle I learned that there a lot of bugs in MS OS software that users like me could never work through. It took 4th level support personnel to fix things. Asrock was no help either, they kept telling me it's (the problems with drivers) is in the OS. The MB is great. Flashed the new BIOS after the install of PRO just like I did when I first set it up. Used all the same Asrock files that I'm supposed to etc. Before all of this I had done the Creative X-Fi MB2 setup and the sound from system into my stereo receiver was fantastic and I could use all the fancy mixing sets etc. no problem. After all this, doing everything the same as I did before it just won't find "the required device". Also I had troubles with the video drivers for my 7870 XT Sapphire card and the hdmi output. AMD figured that out and updated my drivers and that at least works now. Anyway I had some of the same issues every time I did big updates with Win 7. I just wish I wasn't such an old fart and could learn Linux or something so I didn't have to keep going through all this. Good luck with your issues as well. It's good when we can help each other and learn from each other.
      The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

FWIW I also have the family pack Windows 7 Home Premium, and it can be a bit of a pain if you want to do a clean reinstall (it's technically an upgrade only license key). There are ways around that though (google is your friend when you search for the error messages you get), as there are commands you can run that can help to reset activation so the license key can be used anyway. I still need to reactivate by phone when I need to reinstall, but that takes only a few minutes generally. I don't know about upgrading the license though, I haven't tried that.

Comment

"Good luck with your issues as well. It's good when we can help each other and learn from each other." Thanks & right back at you, boldriter! I'm still going to watch your post as I think this still might be an issue with me too.

I can't believe you are having this many issues? That is nuts! And I'm complaining about the time I spent, LOL! So AMD made special drivers for you & your situation? That is awesome they helped you out like that!

Maybe this is a correlation between Asrocks motherboards & Windows 7? My problem too? I'll get back to you once I get to the audio part of this situation. Right now I'm still trying to figure out the rest & the audio is on the backburner.

I am so hoping someone will come along & help you out. I'm feeling worse for you in your situation than my own.

Comment

You can get the audio drivers direct from Realtek if that will help at all.

Realtek

Comment

Originally posted by Shiari View Post
              FWIW I also have the family pack Windows 7 Home Premium, and it can be a bit of a pain if you want to do a clean reinstall (it's technically an upgrade only license key). There are ways around that though (google is your friend when you search for the error messages you get), as there are commands you can run that can help to reset activation so the license key can be used anyway. I still need to reactivate by phone when I need to reinstall, but that takes only a few minutes generally. I don't know about upgrading the license though, I haven't tried that.
              MS support ended up doing all the official license etc. I'm on a full retail of Pro, and I have a full retail of Home because of the hassles I guess.
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
              X