Z68 Ext e Gen 3 loses video after power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Ext e Gen 3 loses video after power outage

This has occurred several times when power is lost. The last time I accidently disconnected the power cord. When the pc was restarted I could hear Windows booting up. No video. I was using a DVI connection. Eventually after I pulled memory, cleared CMOS and reseated all cards I was able to get the VGA video going. No such luck when I tried to connect with the on board DVI or the pc express card. I am having the card tested today. This has happened before and after a number of reboots the video would appear. The monitor checks out as well as the DVI cable. Any ideas on what causes this? It only occurs when power is lost to the PC while running or in sleep mode. Thanks for any insight.

Steve

Re: Z68 Ext e Gen 3 loses video after power outage

UPDATE - PC Express video card checks out OK.

Comment

SOLVED Re: Z68 Ext e Gen 3 loses video after power outage

After checking out everything it turns out that when I have these power outages the problem was the monitor. Video signal was being sent as verified by another monitor. I don't know what happens to the monitor but the sudden loss of power disables the DVI port somehow. The monitor is an I-Inc. I hooked an old Dell and all is well.

Comment

Working...
      X