Supported Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supported Graphics Card

I have a ASRock M3A785GMH/128M mother board, and am wanting to know if the following graphics card is compatible with my motherboard: Radeon HD7870

Re: Supported Graphics Card

It'll work as the board has 16x PCIe. That said, that card is probably going to be overkill for your CPU. Admittedly I know nothing about AMD CPU's, but it appears to be an older board so I'm assuming it'll be an older CPU that will likely have difficulty feeding the graphics card quickly enough.

Comment

what cpu do you have on your board? how many minitors are you planning to run the 7870 is getting pretty high end. if you have a phenom 2 or better cpu I would get the amd radeon 6850 or 6870. I have the 6850 and runs my gaming monitor 6mseconds 27 inch on high and ultra high settings 1920x1080 gamming just fine. the 7870 is 2gb's so it will take 2 gb's of your ram right off the top. so how much ram do you have? again what processor are you running???and gb's of ram do you have?

Comment

I have an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4C 3.2GHz, 2GHz IMC, 4x 512kB L2, 6MB L3) and am planning on running on just one Monitor and 4GB DDR3 Ram. I am wanting to plug my Graphics card into an HD TV if possible. So, go for the 6850 or 6870? Is the 7870 too high end for my setup?
        Last edited by Canning_s; 06-16-2013, 05:48 AM.

Comment

So what is the main differences between the 6850 and the 6870?

Comment

A quick google "radeon 6850 vs 6870": Radeon HD 6850 vs Radeon HD 6870 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

Of course if you're planning to upgrade your CPU any time soon then you might want to invest in a faster graphics card, but you'll pay a lot more ... at little gain until you do that CPU upgrade as well, but over the long term you'd save money.

Comment

What CPU do you recommend to upgrade to with my current motherboard? Or should I look into a whole new motherboard as well?

Comment

I don't know anything about AMD motherboards or CPU's, so can't help with that, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X