Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 beeps, black screen... no clue what is going on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 beeps, black screen... no clue what is going on.

So yeah i have been having this issue that my computer just recently decided not to boot properly anymore, i built the computer 2 months back and it has been running perfectly for 2 months untill around 1 week back, it first started with a 6 beep when i booted the comp, i just simply restarted and the computer booted normally again, but after that, it just keeps making 6 beeps on boot with black screen and no lights turned on in mouse or keyboard, i have tried to restart the computer for like 200-500 times now, sometimes it succesfully boots and runs normal but the 98% other times, it just makes 6 beeps instead, now its come to a point where it never boots.

Tried to clear cmos, take bettery out and in, unplugged rams and graphic card, still makes the 6 beeps unless if i remove all rams.

any suggestions? yes i have tried google the whole week, only found out that it could be a problem with a20 high memory area keyboard or something like that, but it still cannot boot without keyboard in.

EDIT1:

Hardware:
    Board: 990fx extreme 3
    Cpu: amd phenom ii x4 965 3.4ghz quad
    Psu: energon 750w
    Gpu: Radeom xfx 6970 2gb
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 4x4 Gb 1333mhz ddr3
    Case: Zalman z11 plus
    Hdd: 1TB 7200rpm
    Last edited by lowerdark; 06-10-2013, 08:59 AM.

Re: 6 beeps, black screen... no clue what is going on.

What BIOS (or does that have UEFI)?

Seemingly KB related?
    Code:
    6 short	Keyboard controller BAT test error.
    "eliminate the possibility of interference by a malfunctioning add-in (expansion) card. Remove all expansion cards, except the video adapter."

Comment

Re: 6 beeps, black screen... no clue what is going on.

hello,

I had issues with my keyboard and mouse not starting up to even get into the uefi , I spoke to asrock and they said pull out all ram and boot it up. if it beeps 3 times your mobo is ok which mine was. not sure what 6 beep code means hopfully not a bad mobo . anyway after messing with it for a month and trying everything nothing worked to fix.. but for some unknown reason it just started to work fine after a month or so. go figure lol.. I would call asrock directly. hope this helps tiny bit..

I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard and mouse drivers and software several times and kept updating it. then I sent report to Microsoft since I had a Microsoft keyboard and, maybe that was the fix im still cluless how it fixed itself.

rebelyell
      Last edited by rebelyell; 06-12-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X