g41m-vgs3 r2 only rebooting with onboard vga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g41m-vgs3 r2 only rebooting with onboard vga

Hi all, hoping for some help/advice. Like the title says i'm having trouble booting after any kind of restart if i use my radeon 4870 hd instead of the onboard intel gpu. Restarts from both windows and bios (after save and exit in bios) result in no beep and no video from the pc and it just hangs there. After i turn the psu switch off and then turn it on again it boots fine again. With the 4870hd removed i have no troubles booting or rebooting. The psu is Thermaltake Litepower 500w and the cpu is c2d e6750. Appreciate any help :(.

Re: g41m-vgs3 r2 only rebooting with onboard vga

Very little information in your post. Are you setting the video device in your BIOS to the video card instead of onboard graphics?

Comment

Comment

i resolved the problem by underclocking ram to 1000mhz instead of 1333 . Anyone know where can i find the bios for this motherboard?

Comment

Appears, though I don't know for certain, that the VGS3 & VS3 are going to be the same (with slight differences on board features, LAN at least).

G41M-VS3 R2.0

Comment

I tried the bios rom for g41m-vs3 but i can't flash with it. Seems there is a difference in the lan adapter vgs has gigabit lan and vs doesn't and thats the only difference i can find. Would be nice if they provided a bios for vgs3 :(

Comment

Working...
            X