Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your CPU Fan doesn't work properly. You must turn off your system right now and check it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your CPU Fan doesn't work properly. You must turn off your system right now and check it

Hello to everyone. My system was working fine and suddenly been getting this message. I have uninstalled AXTU since it crashes on wake up before. I have opened the case just to visually monitor the CPU fan, I have replaced the fan with my spare one and still came with the error. My power option is on balance since I don't need the performance settings all the time. I have disabled the hibernation feature to prevent it from writing on an off the SSD. I was working for more than 1 month on this setup since I got the motherboard as an interim to an rma Gigabyte 970A-D3 which had temperature monitoring issues.

I had to disable from the bios: suspend to ram and C1E states to get working. I am now using the performance setting on power options. I have tested ram on the Windows start up diagnostics and there were no errors at all. Compared to my previous motherboard, AMD overdrive installed and worked without a hitch on with this 970 Extreme3 R2.0. My multipliers are on 17.5x for 3.5 GHZ and 20.5 for 4.1 GHZ for boost. My SuperTalent has a JDEC 3 setting for 838 Mhz so I am running it at 1672 MHZ, bus speed at 209 Mhz.

Is there a corruption on the system of Win7 that handles power option, please advise. BTW I have post this problem with ASROCK tech support.

Thanks.

Re: Your CPU Fan doesn't work properly. You must turn off your system right now and check it

Two things to check, first the speed of your CPU cooler's fan, and the CPU temperature. Both of those things could cause this error.

The BIOS of most mother boards check the speed of the CPU fan, and if it is below whatever is considered to slow, that kind of message will be displayed. It is not enough to see that the fan is spinning, it may be going to slow.

Or, if the CPU temperature is to high, it is assumed your CPU cooler's fan is not working correctly, and that message is displayed.

Did your CPU cooler get moved or is not connected to the CPU correctly? That should be checked too.

Have you tried clearing the BIOS/CMOS, and then resetting any settings you use, in case there was a corruption in the BIOS.

Besides changing the CPU cooler's fan, none of the things you listed will do anything to stop that error. That message is not coming from Windows, and your power options are also unrelated to that error.

What are you using to check the CPU fan's speed and CPU temperature, since you are not using AXTU? What is your CPU fan speed usually, and what is the CPU temperature? You can see both of those things in the BIOS.

Comment

Re: Your CPU Fan doesn't work properly. You must turn off your system right now and check it

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I used HWiNFO 64 bit and OpenHardwareMonitor. I've set the CPU fan level 5 at bios and at idle it around 2750 rpm 26-33 deg, it is set at 45 deg and spins to 4650 rpm+ past 48 deg. It post warning right after waking from S3 state. I have tried to reset the powercfg and still no avail. I also have set the hardware monitor to default at bios. I do hope the psu is not the culprit.

Comment

I did not understand that you get that message when waking from Sleep. I've never seen that message with my ASRock board. My guess is that the CPU fan, for some reason, takes a little longer to get started, and the board detects it is not running before the fan starts, and displays that message. I would think if the board can start fine and check the fan speed, the PSU can't be bad. Which fan header do you use for the CPU fan?

Comment

I am using the CPU1 4 pin header on this motherboard. I am just wondering if the Artic PWM PST fan is culprit or just re-install Windows 7 home premium again. I just reset the bios jumper pins a while ago and still have the same problem

I am still waiting a reply from Asrock TSD.

Thanks for your patience

Comment

I highly doubt that a re-installation of Windows 7 will fix this issue. What seems to be the source of the message, Windows, your hardware monitoring program, or what?

If this message only appears upon waking from Sleep, and if the program that is the source of the message was running when you entered Sleep, the message is most likely just a mistake due to bad CPU fan speed data when the PC wakes from Sleep. If the CPU cooler fan is running, and the CPU temps are what you posted earlier, you really do not have a problem.

If you are running more than one hardware monitoring program at the same time, then that is most likely the cause of the message. Multiple hardware monitoring programs running together can cause the data read by the programs to be corrupted, which then causes false warning messages to be displayed. I've seen this happen many times with all kinds of monitoring programs, running more than one at a time is a bad idea.

Comment

Okay, even when if I am not running any hardware monitoring apps as I have checked with the task manager it still persist on wake up from S3 state. It always tell me to check it, closing the warning windows just pops it back till the computer freezes. I tried to chase the warning window at the task manager for any running apps, it only displays the warning on the list and when I right click to go to the process it is comes from the csrss.exe. Is it possible that the csrss.exe is corrupted since no trojan/virus found on that .exe file. In any event I came at a dead on on my search on how to replace that csrss.exe.

Comment

AOD: Your CPU Fan doesn't work properly. You must turn off your system right now and check it

I finally resolve this. The enable broken fan warning setting on AMD OverDrive was tick. I only used AOD to check stability and benchmark my system and it was not running at all when this mess started Oversight on my end since I really don't overclock my system.

I do apologized for this and thank you for the support

Comment

Glad I found this topic.

My CPU fan was not broke and I didn't know where the pop up was coming from. Yep went into AMD overdrive, unchecked that option, issues solved, ty.

Comment

Working...
                  X