Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS and Drivers for G41M-VGS3 R2.0 - Cant Find Anywhere

Hello

Just got a ASROCK G41M-VGS3 R2.0 and cant seem to find any reference to it as a model.
    Have found G41M-VS3 R2.0 (Note VS3 not VGS3).

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    JoJo

Re: BIOS and Drivers for G41M-VGS3 R2.0 - Cant Find Anywhere

ASRock > G41M-VS3 R2.0

(Did I get that right? No I did not!)

I started from here: ASRock > Motherboard Series

The manual provides information on both varieties, http://download.asrock.com/manual/G41M-VS3%20R2.0.pdf

So I would assume (though in the case of a BIOS or something like that, I would NOT assume), that you would just have to use the above link.
    Last edited by therube; 04-18-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Comment

The same problem here. can`t find G41M-VGS3 R2.0 BIOS. G41M-VS3 R2.0 doesn`t fit to this mainboard, but i need to renew BIOS for "Modify system can not shut down issue." Now i got 1.10 BIOS installed.

Comment

Originally posted by anykey View Post
          The same problem here. can`t find G41M-VGS3 R2.0 BIOS. G41M-VS3 R2.0 doesn`t fit to this mainboard, but i need to renew BIOS for "Modify system can not shut down issue." Now i got 1.10 BIOS installed.
          ASRock does not have a separate page for the G41M-VGS3 R2.0 board, they only have the G41M-VS3 R2.0. The manual in the link in post #2, shows these two models are combined into one manual. Differences between the boards are shown in the manual, but the BIOS chip is not different.

Have you tried a BIOS file from the G41M-VS3 R2.0 download page? I suggest you use the Instant Flash method to update the BIOS.

What do you mean by, "G41M-VS3 R2.0 doesn`t fit to this mainboard"?

Comment

BIOS file downloaded from link above not recognized by Instant flash (i got USB drive plugged in with only BIOS file, but InstantFlash utility reports that there is no BIOS file on USB drive). The same in Windows XP mode, installer reports that motherboard is incorrect or something like that. Tried both BIOS for G41M-VS3 and G41M-VS3 R2.0.

Comment

I just sent a PM to our own ASRock Tech, Emily, asking her to visit this thread and provide assistance for you folks.
              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Dear therube,

Please offer your e-mail to me via private message.
                I'll send the BIOS file to you.

Thank you!

Comment

I recently received the same motherboard and have the same issues (computer starts short after shutdown, etc.) as the topic starter.
                  I've sent the PM to ASRock TSD - Emily, but, I am afraid, this user is no more active. Can anyone send it to me or give a link to it? Thanks in advance.

One more thing: USB ports on this mobo act strangely - usb-keyboard, usb-mouse and usb-kvm (keyboard - mouse) doesn't work (I had to get PS2-devices). Usb-flash memory works only when inserted before OS (win xp, win 8.1, ubuntu) boot. If I take it out and then insert in a short time - it is not recognized.
                  All these usb-devices are 100% OK (I checked them on 2 other computers).
                  Hope the problem will be solved with bios update.

Comment

Working...
                  X