No announcement yet.

B75-Pro3-M doesn't post and boot loops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B75-Pro3-M doesn't post and boot loops.

Hi I have a new mobo it is Asrock B75-Pro3-M and I have the CPU i5 (3470S - 65W) and 16 GB memory I got off fleabay, The memory is Komputerbay 10-10-10-27 DDR3 1600MHz 8GB each Memory (that is all it says on it) and when I boot it seems to go into a boot loop where it starts and then switches off and then starts and then off again and then on and it seems to continue like this. I removed the memory to see if it would post with an error but it just starts and then nothing. No posting nothing, no screen comes on nothing. I am confused now. I tried two monitors to see and still same problem.

I will try getting some other memory from my local PC shop tomorrow to see if it is it. Any ideas anyone?

I looked in the CPU and the 3470S is not listed but the 3475S is listed. Could that be the problem? The only difference between those two is the HD Graphics is 2500 for the 3470S where as for the 3475S it is 4000, but I am going to use a GFX card so that shouldn't pose a problem. I'll try another RAM and will report back.

Oh Yes forgot to add that I'm using a 400w power supply. But I assume this should be enough to at least boot to posting screen with only board to power and HD to power. I have disconnected everything to try troubleshoot this.
    Last edited by proton; 04-14-2013, 03:35 AM.

Re: B75-Pro3-M doesn't post and boot loops. (SOLVED)

Well I got it up and running, the CPU is fine, I got a cheap memory from local shop at worked, I then updated to the latest firmware and that worked too. So the memory was initially wrong but after the update of the firmware it worked.

Now I wonder if I should add those 2GB of extra memory into the 16GB I have already.

Comment

Working...
    X