Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U3S3 FX - doesnt recognize RAM fully - only half of RAM is recognized

Hi guys,

i upgraded from an AM2+ board to the Asrock U3S3 FX in order to use the cheaper DDR3 RAM; still using my Phenom II X4 925 AM3.
    Now Ive bought a 16GB kit (2x 8GB) of Corsair XMS3 1600 DDR3.

The Mainboard (ASRock > 960GM/U3S3 FX) does support up to 16GB of RAM.
    When I start, the PC only recognizes half of each module. I tested each module seperately and its always 4GB; a total of 8GB instead of 16GB.

I updated the board successfully from 1.00 over 1.10, 1.20 to 1.30 without a change. OS is Win8 64bit.
    I tried pretty much every option in BIOS concerning DRAM configuration.. no change. Windows and several benchmark tools (Sandra, CPU-Z, Taskmanager, etc.) all recognize only half the RAM.

The exact name of the RAM is: CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (Corsair XMS3, 1600Mhz, CL9-9-9-24, DDR3, 1.65V, Ver. 8.16)
    Never had this kind of problem before... I know that the RAM isnt on the memory support list, but so arent most of the RAMs out there and they still do run.

Any ideas?

Re: U3S3 FX - doesnt recognize RAM fully - only half of RAM is recognized

From within the BIOS are both sticks recognized as 8GB each, 16GB total?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

no.
      Each single 8GB stick is recognized as 4GB.
      When both slots are filled it shows 2x 4GBs.

Comment

Originally posted by sobr View Post
        Hi guys,...

The exact name of the RAM is: CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (Corsair XMS3, 1600Mhz, CL9-9-9-24, DDR3, 1.65V, Ver. 8.16)
        Never had this kind of problem before... I know that the RAM isnt on the memory support list, but so arent most of the RAMs out there and they still do run.

Any ideas?
        How do you know "most" of the RAM out there work with this board fine? The only Corsair RAM at 1600 listed for your board are two, 2GB DIMM modules.

The 1600 speed is considered a memory OC on this board. Did you try running it at 1333? What settings for the memory are you using in the BIOS?

Comment

Tried re-seating the CPU?
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
          X