No announcement yet.

Z77E-ITX compatible CPU heatsink/fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77E-ITX compatible CPU heatsink/fans?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new on this board, just bought a z77E-ITX mobo with a Prodigy case. It's a nice setup except that my stock CPU fan is faulty and I need to replace it. Since I'm going to replace it, I am thinking of going with a more efficient CPU cooling solution. I have read that it's quite a challenge to get a CPU/heatsink that fits without obscuring a PCIe slot/RAM slot, fits into the Prodigy case, or requires a lot of effort/hacking to mount. Is there any official documentation that details the maximum dimensions of an acceptable CPU cooler? Has anyone found a CPU cooler that fits nicely WITHOUT any extra work to mount? Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Re: Z77E-ITX compatible CPU heatsink/fans?

just bought a z77E-ITX mobo with a Prodigy case. It's a nice setup except that my stock CPU fan is faulty and I need to replace it
    Socket dimensions is 95x95 mm. According to site info maximum cpu height is 175 mm.
    So you can fit there almost any tower/top/c design cooler there.
    with <92 mm fans in any direction
    with 120+ mm fans depend on model and type.

What is your CPU and Memory? Where you gonna buy new cooler?
    Last edited by Rale; 04-09-2013, 03:14 AM.
    Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Originally posted by Rale View Post
      Socket dimensions is 95x95 mm. According to site info maximum cpu height is 175 mm.
      So you can fit there almost any tower/top/c design cooler there.

What is your CPU and Memory? Where you gonna buy new cooler?
      Thanks for your reply.
      I have an i7 3770 as the CPU and low profile RAM 16 GB. I think it's the corsair vengeance low profile ram.
      I live in Canada so I've been buying from a local retailer.

I have been reading that the most common CPU cooler to use is the AXP-140 but the clearance with the PCIe slot and the cooler is really tight and requires electrical tape to be put on the PCB of the video card. I was also hoping to not have to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jphchan View Post
        I have been reading that the most common CPU cooler to use is the AXP-140 but the clearance with the PCIe slot and the cooler is really tight and requires electrical tape to be put on the PCB of the video card. I was also hoping to not have to do that.
        i know, axp-140 is "low profile" (c-type or near same as "top" type) cpu cooler for chassis with lack of space (like Lian Li Q series and other HTPC), also your "Low Profile" Corsair dimensions is similar to original modules.
        You got more than enough space in you Prodigy -> there no need to buy this type of cooler. Buy any tower.
        everything is depend how much you want to spend and where exactly you what to buy it.
        Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Just wanted to update anyone interested in the resolution I found. I ended up going with the corsair h80i water cooling solution. In my situation I had to remove the back fan that comes with the prodigy but that's only because I had a DVD Drive obstructing the top vent. If you don't have a DVD drive the you could also fit the h100i.

Comment

Working...
          X